• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New to "The Gear Page"

nolastrat

Nolastrat here and new to The Gear Page. I've used the page over the years but never joined. I belonged to Fender's Community when it was up and running. It disappeared or I just haven't been able to find it for a few years... lol I've got several Fenders. Just sold a James Burton. Too nice to keep and play. I was concerned I would hurt it. Got several Teles, Strats, Les Pauls, 1-Firebird, 1-SG, and a custom built Baudier which is my avatar. I've played professionally over the years and was taught as a child music theory but walked away from it like an idiot and picked up a guitar. Taught myself how to play and started playing juke joints from a teen. Had my own sound company to do festivals, record demos, played on people's recordings, recorded for posterity some folks over the years. Sold off my gear and my first round of guitars to finish another degree and start another. Started collecting again and played gigs here and there. Really hard to get a group of folks together that are serious about what they are doing. Enjoy buying, selling and trading. Play with some folks every now and then. Many of those I used to make music with have died. You get old enough many of your friends pass away. I enjoy helping people with guitars, learning about them more and more as get older. Wished I had kept my first round of guitar collection. I remember the days of buying a brand new America Standard Tri-burst Stratocaster for $535 with a case! lol I remember them cheaper but at that time I couldn't afford them so I wouldn't torch-er myself looking at them, even the ones at the pawn shop for $250... lol lol lol Sound like an old fart.... What is that smell?!?! Not to the moth ball stage yet. Well enough about me. I can tell some funny stories from over the years. Hopefully I won't steer anyone in the wrong direction, if I do please catch me!!!

nolastrat

Thank you folks for the welcome. I've thought about starting some conversations but don't want to repeat what has already been hashed out. I will search so as to not try and repeat. Thank you for the welcome!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom