New to tube amps novice help required

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jbbusybee, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jbbusybee

jbbusybee Member

Hello to all I am a new member, and found the forum when researching my new purchase of an Edwards LTS 130. (which is still stuck in Customs!) I have just got my first real tube amp a Rivera Pubster, but it comes with no manual or anything so I am a bit confused as to what everything does I obviously now how the tone controls and reverb work, but the channel switching is a bit confusing and I have no real idea what the presence control does. I have also bought myself a Fulltone Fulldrive pedal I assume I just stick that in the front of the amp, is that right?

Sorry if this seems so basic.

2. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

3. jbbusybee

jbbusybee Member

Thanks very much for that. I don't know why Rivera think a Pubster owner doesn't need that info.

4. jbbusybee

jbbusybee Member

No it came with nothing and I was told all Pubsters come with no manuals. I'll e-mail Rivera, but there's nothing listed on the website.

Played for about an hour and a half tonight and plugged the Fulltone in for the last 10 miniutes. Your right it sounded awful! I took it straight out again.

Thanks for all your help. Has anyone got some favourite tone settings?