New 'Tomo Fujita Guitar Wisdom' guitar learning site.

Morpeli

Silver Supporting Member
Last edited:

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Tomo is also a long time member here who used to freely dispense his knowledge, humor, and kindness here until some jackwagons ran him off.

I follow Tomo on instagram. Excellent teacher and human being.

Rufus

Platinum Supporting Member
Bumping this thread because I decided to subscribe. I like his approach and his playing is pretty much what I wish I could do.

tweedster

Tomo taught me triads on a thread here on TGP. Little Wing up & down the neck in 3 string groupings. Can‘t thank him enough.

also that video of him bending notes on a duo sonic with no thumb leverage at all. That was a real eye opener.

tweedster

Please explain. This sounds really cool.
here is the thread. He gets to little wing lower down on the first page. Basically play little wing chords as a succession of 3 note triads on string set 1,2,3. then sets 234 then 345, etc. you can play the triads up the neck, in the same 4 fret area etc., inversions, lotsa games.

here is a quote:
“Little Wing"

Basic changes are... (as simple as triads)

E- G A- E- B- (Bb-) A- C G F C D........

Play like this(very simple) ... 123 set strings.

0 3 0 0 2 (1) 0 0 3 1 0 2 (1st E string)
0 3 1 0 3 (2) 1 1 3 1 1 3 (2nd B string)
0 4 2 0 4 (3) 2 0 4 2 0 2 (3rd G string)

Last edited:

tweedster

Once you start moving those triads around substituting inversions and chords diatonic to your key, and utilize stabs on the 2 + syncopation, instead of steady quarter note strumming, rhythm guitar comes alive. Especially on string sets 234 - not too much bass (that’s someone else’s job), and no interference in the upper voices where the soloist of the moment has the floor.

oh yeah - lots and lots of muting. Nice and tight.

Rufus

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm kind of tempted to check out his instructional material. Anyone else tried it out yet?
You can get a lot of his ideas and philosophy from the stuff he posts on YouTube. If you like that, the subscription might be worth a shot. But honestly you can get alot of what he does for free if you can tolerate the ads. The subscription service is kind of a supplement to what he posts publicly, I also see it as a way to support what he is doing.

Trending Topics