New Tonebone!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitar Desire, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Guitar Desire

Guitar Desire Active Member

2. Lution

Lution Supporting Member

I believe this is just a 2-channel Hot British. Looks interesting!

3. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

That's what it looks like to me too

Eric

4. nsriley

nsriley Member

Yup that's basically what it is, with a true Bypass, so you could essentially set up a clean channel amp like a three channel rig. If I didn't have a HotBritish I'd probably grab one.

-Peace
    -Nate

5. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Yeah I would say they did the same thing like they did with the Trimode, its possible they did a little tweaking to the channels as well just like in the Trimode

6. Guitar Desire

Yes it is a double Hot British the rhythm mode has "double scoop" plus theres a trim pot on the side to adjust gain and a insert effects loop for the lead mode.

If you have a BF Dual Showman this would own for rock/metal.

7. Marty s Horne

Marty s Horne Member

What would be the tonal difference between this new one and the Trimode? I'm considering getting one or the other.

8. Guitar Desire

depends on your likes, the Trimode is basically an expanded "Classic" while the "Plexi Tube" is a dual "Hot British"

9. TaZMaNiO

TaZMaNiO Senior Member

I bought the Tri-mode hoping it would be similar to what Radial is *NOW* offering...:BITCH

The Tri-mode turned out to be a *MUDDY* mess, and while this new pedal will probably be closer to what I need, Radial can keep it (a little pissed about how crappy and over-priced the Tri-mode *IS*)

Anyone have an alternative to this "new" Radial pedal?

10. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

I've got the Classic, while my guitarist in my band has a Trimode. I find the gain levels of both to be similar, Trimode is just an expanded version of the classic. However I never found it to be muddy, sounded great to me. A lof of the time it really depends on the amp you're running it through, on Fenders these pedals sound awesome, I've playing them through a marshall, and it sound great as well. Still not as good as the Fender.

Most of my settings are mostly around 12 oclock with gain on high. I tweak the filter knob the most.

There's a video on the soundclips section by Katarzis demoing the trimode.
    Here's a link, sounds killer to me!
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=136684

I've tried the hot british as well. Way too much gain for my tastes, but then again it's great for metal. The plexitube is IMHO a trimode equivalent of the hotbritish.

11. Guitar Desire

Your HO is redundant; thats what it is. No mystery or claim to the contrary :jo

12. Marty s Horne

Marty s Horne Member

I just spoke with a Tonebone rep and the new Plexitone is not a Trimode with Hot British lead channel. Both channels are lead (there is no crunch) and share the same gain setting. One is for scooped mids, and the other for a midrange classic hard rock tone.

13. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I don't think anyone ever said that (though that does sound like an awesome pedal!)

I think they said that the plexitube:hot british as trimode:classic
    I love SATs :)