New toys! Brent Mason Hot Wired OD and Subdecay Echobox

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Prodigy, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Senior Member

Tried out all the Wampler pedals today, and the Brent Mason Hot Wired OD impressed me the most. Punchy, amp-like, responsive, dynamic. It's a very diverse, toneful pedal. I'll probably put of a review and/or Youtube clip once I figure out how to dial in the best tones. The Subdecay Echobox is a pretty remarkable "analog sounding" modulated delay, but I'm not sure yet if I'll keep it. It's hard to get used to the dark repeats after using cascaded digital delays for so long. I'll have to play with it some more to see if I can find a good "reverb-like ambience" that I can use for lead playing. The crazy, whacked out sounds you can get out of this thing are a lot of fun. We'll see. Anybody else have experience with these pedals?

2. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

Got a Hot Wired a few weeks ago, FANTASTIC pedal! That and the Blues Devil keep me very happy.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Senior Member

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked to have it, but I had to sell 7 other pedals to get it and the Echobox. :NUTS Well worth it though! Can you give me some tips for dialing in some good tones with it? I'm not sure what the diff is between the two channels is, or how you are supposed to use them with and without the amp OD. Channel 1 sounds a bit punchier with a bit more volume/presence. Cheers

4. BrianWampler

BrianWampler Member

Glad you guys are enjoying the hot wired OD/dist :)
    bw

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Senior Member

Many thanks to you and Brent for designing it!