New Toys Test

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Senor Blues, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Senor Blues

Senor Blues Member

I'm an endless tweaker, have owned PODS, two tonelabs, still own NI Guitar Rig 1 and I just don't have the kind of space and such that I need for an amp, mic'ing etc etc. So the quest has been for bedroom tone with DYNAMICS and Tube feel without all the Digital hash that seems to come from modelers.

I've finally found some things that get this done :)

It responds like an amp and there are Tubes in the chain and I love how it sounds and I get to tweak to my hearts content. CLIP

I wasn't going for the original tone, but you can almost HEAR the dynamics.

Setup:

VHT Valvulator >> Bad Monkey >> Damage Control Womanizer>> GASP....Digitech Hendrix Pedal ( Little Wing Preset, Clean, EMT Plate Reverb ) >> Rediron Amps Tube Clarifier / Buffer. Andy Z posted a clip someplace on it, and commented how much it helps a POD, it does.

The Red Iron thing is new, Paul Sanchez made it, its a Tube Buffer with a High Cut and other things that goes AFTER your POD and De-Digital-izes it. Works Great on a POD, Tonelab or Even the new ZOOM G2 (Which is pretty damned good ). http://www.redironamps.com/

The Hendrix Pedal is impressing me, as is the Womanizer. The Bad Monkey just rocks.

Take this whole thing, turn the cabinet mode off on the Hendrix Pedal and Run it into Guitar Rig ( For cab sims and effects like Deleya and such ) and with some knob turning I can get lots of good TONES, that do NOT sound Digital, and FEEL right, not dry and digital. Run them right into Cubase and go.

More Noodling just twisting knobs CLIP

Check out the Womanizer, and the Hendrix pedal, like anything else you can get bad sounds out of all of it, but now I can alos get good sounds. With my POD, I could get good sounds, and the Tonelab, but there awas always an aspect of digital-ness, harshness and dry playing feel ( not so much with the Tonelab )that wouldn't go away no matter what, IMO.

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Supporting Member

clips no worky

3. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

sounds good to me....

4. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

Sounds Good! Love that song, then again I like most of Jeff Beck's stuff.

5. clayville

clayville Member

My Womanizer has become the primary tone generator for my home recording rig over the last few months. These things are great for tube warmth direct recording, with a very high proportion of useable tones for the bluesy and classic rock sorts of things I like to play. Only drag: no way to save presets.

Here's a clean blues track with just a CS-356 and a Womanizer through the direct out into an MBox and ProTools. The only thing added was a touch of EchoBoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=239050&songID=3413364

6. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

I Cant Get Your 2nd Set Of Links To Work Either?

7. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Sounds damned good to me!

:dude

Mike