New Tracks. New Project. Much gear.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by eligit, Feb 1, 2012.

1. eligit

eligit Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. eligit

eligit Member

3. plaintopper

plaintopper Member

I dig it. Especially "Know My Name." Verses weave into a great hooky chorus and those deceptive cadences that start at 3:20 are delightfully unexpected. Appreciate the layering and detail in the keys. I always like unconventional settings for pop music that still bring the payoff hook ... was looking forward to see where you were going to go with the chorus, yeah, home run.

4. eligit

eligit Member

thanks a lot!

the synth/ebow outro (3:13-end) was definitely "all in"...hehe.

we also tracked/mixed keys and guitars such that one sounds like the other at times.....synthy guitars and overdriven keys, etc...

5. plaintopper

plaintopper Member

How did you get the vocal to sit so "distant" in the mix? Love to know what's going on there. Doing the octaves fills it out of course but it really has that far away feeling to it ... clawing its way out in a very cool lo-fi way.

6. eligit

eligit Member

hm.

lotta elements at work there....some doubling, unison singing, some hand operated space echo on the verse, distant vocal harmonies, some plate verb, some distortion, nice vintage tube mic, nice compressor, subtle eq, and an additional vocalist joins the fray in the outro for that angelic sparkle.

also....aaron is a very good mixer.