New tunes

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Bob Savage, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

I put together a "short" sampler with bits and pieces of tunes on my forthcoming CD "Retrofitted." It turned out a little bigger than I had hoped, so I appologize in advance to the dial up folks, but this clip is about 6.9 minutes and 9.x MB. With a little luck, the CD will be available by the end of the month.

Oh yes, and all Bogner tone...

Bob Savage - Retrofitted CD Samper

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Member

:dude:dude:dude:dude:dude

Sounds great, Bob!

3. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

Thanks Anton. There's been somewhere around 40 downloads from the link on this site, and only one comment...

4. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Nice playing, Bob.

Mike

:JAM

5. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

Thanks Mike. Keeping in mind it's an MP3, any opinions on the tunes or production?

6. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

This is something I've noticed, too. I am glad I'm not alone. I've posted lots of music and pretty much have to assume that silence is consensus, i.e., that my stuff is cool. Otherwise I could assume that I suck and no one likes it, which is equally likely..., but it feels better to assume that folks are just to busy to bother, but don't mind listening. So I continue to post.
    :hiP
    I'm listening to your cuts right now and it all sounds tight, well composed/produced, and musical. Nice work! Precise playing. I like the one that starts around 4:20. (No pun intended.)

7. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Sorry about the delay, Bob. I think that the tunes, for the most part, are pretty ballsy and what I heard kicked ass! I thought the guitar was well-defined, articulate, and probably a fair representation of what you laid down in the first place. I wasn't entirely thrilled with the way the clean guitar sounded- it sounded too dry or lacking in ambience- just my opinion. That was my only quibble. Just to be fair, I don't consider myself to be some kind of ace who knows everything, so don't go thinking that you have to change it (not that you will) just based on my opinion. other than that, the mix sounds nicely polished and professional.

Mike

8. RSRD

RSRD Member

:BEER

Awesome stuff Bob!

How many guitar tracks did you lay down (on average) Is it just one rhythm and one lead?

~thomas

9. RSRD

RSRD Member

Also, if you don't mind me asking you all these questions, what guitars and which Bogners/channels did you use?

~thomas

10. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

Very Satch/Vai sounding, real cool!

11. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

Hahaha, I'm usually a glass half full guy, but when there are loads of listens and almost no responses, I'm not quite sure what to make of it since other clips get responses.

Thank you for the kind words, all around.
    Most tunes are two rhythm tracks and a lead track. Obviously, where there's a harmony lead part, there are two guitars there. :D

Not at all. Most rhythm tracks are the Uberschall, most lead tracks are the Shiva, and there are exceptions where the Shiva is doing a rhythm track, one tune with all Shiva, the Uber doing a rolled back volume knob lead part in one tune, etc. 99% of the guitar is a Vigier Excalibur Original and there's one short track I had to re-do at the last minute that's my Excalibur Custom.

Thanks Doug.

12. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Hey Bob, how the heck are you?
    Sounds great!
    Cant wait to get the CD.
    Gregory

13. RGN

RGN Member

Shredtacular!!!! great tone and technique man.

14. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

Hi Gregory,

I'm doing well, how about you? Thank you for the kind words, and I'm looking forward to your feedback once you've digested the entire album a few times!

Thank you sir.

15. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

All is good here, just back from NAMM. You can count me in for a cd. Congrats on putting it all together.
    Gregory