• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Turbo Tuner in Beta Testing!

JMPGuitars

Guitar Nerd
Gold Supporting Member

I thought you all might be interested to know there's a new version of the Turbo Tuner coming soon. I'm lucky enough to be participating in the beta test for the next generation of the best guitar tuner in the world - The Sonic Research ST-300 Turbo Tuner.

As you can see from the photo, it's smaller than the older version ST-200, but it's also much brighter, faster, more responsive, and handles bass tuning even better. I'm not allowed to say more than that at this point, but I did a parallel comparison of the two, and I'm very impressed!

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
I thought you all might be interested to know there's a new version of the Turbo Tuner coming soon. I'm lucky enough to be participating in the beta test for the next generation of the best guitar tuner in the world - The Sonic Research ST-300 Turbo Tuner.

As you can see from the photo, it's smaller than the older version ST-200, but it's also much brighter, faster, more responsive, and handles bass tuning even better. I'm not allowed to say more than that at this point, but I did a parallel comparison of the two, and I'm very impressed!

Thanks Scoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
it's smaller than the older version ST-200, but it's also much brighter, faster, more responsive, and handles bass tuning even better.
yep! i'm testing one as well; so far, on the repair bench it does seem to just be bolder and clearer, and to grab notes faster, which is awesome considering the old one was already "best in class" for that. it gets used on a gig tomorrow night.
Awesome! Prices listed yet?
on the site it's still $129!

JMPGuitars

Guitar Nerd
Gold Supporting Member
yep! i'm testing one as well; so far, on the repair bench it does seem to just be bolder and clearer, and to grab notes faster, which is awesome considering the old one was already "best in class" for that. it gets used on a gig tomorrow night.

on the site it's still $129!
Yeah, it's amazing they're still only charging $129! It's better than all the competitor stuff that costs 10 times as much.

ellis dee

finally they have updated their website.

i am holding out for the updated 122 a..... perhaps roger can shed
some light on that project if he checks in here.

till then i am struck with a 520 peterson

MarkF786

Hopefully they release an updated version of the ST-200 with the new features. I don't need the tiny enclosure and like using a battery.

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Hopefully they release an updated version of the ST-200 with the new features. I don't need the tiny enclosure and like using a battery.
They are, but they're doing the mini first. The 2 models are the ST-300 and ST-300m.

JMPGuitars

Guitar Nerd
Gold Supporting Member
What's the size of the pedal ?
About 95mm deep, 40mm wide, and 30mm tall. That's not including the input/output jacks, and it's a beta unit, so give a little extra margin of error on my measurements.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
It's on the website, but, brighter LED (able to read outdoors), faster tuning, soft bypass switch.

Edit: And USB port
I thought those were the improvements between the old one and the new one. But I also thought there are two new ones, a mini to be released this month, and a larger one shortly after. What I'd like to know are the differences between the two new models, besides size.

JMPGuitars

Guitar Nerd
Gold Supporting Member
I thought those were the improvements between the old one and the new one. But I also thought there are two new ones, a mini to be released this month, and a larger one shortly after. What I'd like to know are the differences between the two new models, besides size.
They are releasing 2 versions of the ST-300; the ST-300 Mini (the one pictured), and later there will be a full size ST-300 (same size as ST-200) that will have all the same upgrades, and still be able to use a battery like the ST-200 could, for those who prefer the full size pedal. I don't know if there are any differences beyond the battery and physical size.

They're also going to be releasing a new version of the ST-122 later this year, or early next year.

Roger from Sonic Research said he would be logging on here soon to clear up any confusion or misinformation.

Last edited:

Trending Topics