New Two Rock Matt Schofield Signature model

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MikeyG, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

There's a new Matt Schofield Signature Two Rock on the horizon.... going to be a tweaked Classic Reverb ....

"After several years of using Two-Rock amplifiers Matt is finally ready to put his name to an amplifier. Two-Rock makes special amps – in every sense of the word… tone, build quality and that indefinable mojo that goes with something that has been lovingly handbuilt – and this signature model has all that, and more. It incorporates several features to meet Matt’s demands for tone and touch response.

This amp takes the 50w Two-Rock Classic Reverb as the starting point and adds new features and technology to give a more dimensional and punchy response. The Preamp section is even more touch sensitive and includes a new three position switch that gives you classic Two-Rock tone through to a traditional blackface sound. The reverb circuit, which includes a send and return control and is always a great feature on Two-Rock amplifiers, has been enhanced. The amp also has a bypass function with an internal high cut control. And finally, there is an all-new tube tremolo circuit following in the design traditions of the pre LDR circuits."

2. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

3. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

Sorry I actually did do a search to see if it had alredy been posted....must've missed it!

4. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I like the scooping mids feature ... all the Two Rocks I've played have trouble getting true Fender blackface mids ... if you A/B with a blackface, the mids have to be almost off on the Two Rock to match up ... over time though, I grew to like the extra TR mids quite a bit.

It's good to have this new option though.

5. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

6. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

This Two Rock video is a cut above most other amp videos I can think of, kudos to all involved. I wasn't aware of Matt Schofield, he's a good bluesy player & singer, he's obviously soaked up a lot of good Jimi vibes. And damn that B3/Leslie is fat, nice.

Does anybody know if the solo section of this tune was all additional TR amp gain or if Matt used a boost or drive pedal? There was obviously a delay pedal throughout, didn't notice any use of the trem circuit.

7. SmilingDave

SmilingDave Supporting Member

I know Matt has used a Providence SOV-2 Overdrive for added grit, and a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay for delay, but I don't know if he did so for the clip--just putting it out there.

8. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

It's definitely single channel.

9. lukeII

lukeII Supporting Member

Man I love the look of this. I didn't think it was possible to make the Classic reverb a better amp but I think they just did. the one thing I didn't see on it (that I would have liked to see) is that reverb switch that gives you 3 differents levels of verb (its killer)