new UA Apollo Twin

lovebigrigs

new to this forum but it's cool. anyway, just got one of these. it's awesome! anyone know some of the better plugins for recording guitar audio? this is a killer piece!!!

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
that is a nice piece. 10 years ago I would have been all over it. I haven't touched a mic in 4 or 5 years, maybe longer. Too much stuff going on around here to get the still quiet I need for recording in peace.

dilznik

Are they geared for recording vocals and overkill for guitar? Because the latency on my Scarlett drives me nuts and the idea of having next to no latency on the Apollo Twin is really appealing.

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
Big fan of the UA stuff -- I have an Apollo Quad that I absolutely love. The plugins are excellent -- when you say for recording "guitar audio" what do you mean exactly? Are you recording a mic on a cabinet or do you want to go direct and us an amp sim?

new to this forum but it's cool. anyway, just got one of these. it's awesome! anyone know some of the better plugins for recording guitar audio? this is a killer piece!!!
You don't need any plugins to record guitar... and for mixing, all you really need is one good EQ and compressor (and your DAW already includes that).

dilznik

Big fan of the UA stuff -- I have an Apollo Quad that I absolutely love. The plugins are excellent -- when you say for recording "guitar audio" what do you mean exactly? Are you recording a mic on a cabinet or do you want to go direct and us an amp sim?
Direct with amp sim. It's handy for quiet writing with headphones in the evening.

Trending Topics