New UA Precision Limiter plug

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Bassomatic, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

I'm very, very impressed with this thing. Sounds much better than anything I've checked out in the software domain (WAVES, Voxengo, etc.). As transparent as i've ever heard.

I'm running the 14 day demo now. I'll probably have to cough up the $199 (a bit steep). This may just be a must-have:

[​IMG]

2. jzb

jzb Member

I have the UAD card and am fairly impressed with the quality of the sound it provides.

-j

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Ahhh poop. I just got my second UAD Card and haven't activated my trial with the Precision Limiter yet. If it is that good - well, jeez. Got $200 I can borrow.... ???

:D

4. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Tell me about it. My plugin gas list grows longer while the dough grows shorter.

Heard the Arturia CS-80 synth yet? OMFG.

5. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Stop now or my accountant will kill me and then commit suicide.

I am still trying to figure out a way to afford Melodyne... and will most likley end up just waiting for the smaller plug-in version. Life without money sux.

6. Orren

Orren Member

It is that good. I've got a number of great limiters, and that's the best. :)

Orren

7. Unburst

Unburst Member

Ditto, the minimoog and modular are impressive too.

8. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've got 2 UAD cards as well and I also bought the Fairchild compressor, which is really amazing for bass and vocals. I recently mastered a live show I did back in Feb with the Precision Limiter demo and it was much more warm and punchy, especially on the low end, than the Waves L2, which I normally use for mastering.

I'm in the same boat, money-wise. I've got nothing left to sell on eBay to pay for it. :( I wish it was only $150 like the Fairchild. On the other hand, the new Waves L3 is $600 Yikes!!! By comparison, the PL is cheap.

9. Screamer

Screamer Member

Man, I want to check it out, but it looks like I would need a VST/RTAS wrapper.

That's okay. I'm jonesing for the URS EQ's right now...I have the BLT, but I *need* the API and Neve Classic Console EQ's...

www.ursplugins.com