New UAD Amp Pedals

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't care for the delay / reverb pedals. They did not suit my ear. These seem quite pricey and limited.

AnthonyF

Does anyone know if these are just hardware versions from their amp sim library or are these pedals based on something new?

strumminsix

Was excited... Price is fine if the tone is good. But no XLR output? Pass.

Sure, everyone cries for a 4CM online but in the real world, on stage, in the bars, it's not as common as people like to pretend it is...

Been gigging since the 90s and sound for 15+ years. Nobody in my bands did it regularly. And rarely saw it from the bands I ran sound for. But do hear, almost every gig, "do you have a di box?".....

I R P

Silver Supporting Member
For that price you can get an used hx stomp. For a bit less, an used iridium.

The pedals sound good (but there’s tons of stuff out there that will also get you those sounds), but it’s too much money for a unit with few features.

Still I believe these things will sell, after all the brand alone sells itself.

And yet a lot of guys on this website don’t flinch at paying $300 for a three-knob OD pedal. Don’t they know they could get a used Boss pedal for like half that?

Tito83

In this forum people seem to be way more interested in features, multiple paramaters, rather than a having a good sound. You add enough parameters and people will start saying "it's your fault, you didn't try all of the 2,401,537 available ones". I hate it. Hate. I've done recording enough times it isn't as hard as it seems to have a good tone recorded and you have decent gear. I've never had to open an amp to change the response curve of the cathode whatever in order to get going. Digital for the most part always feels unconfortable for me - but I have to deal if it, as much as I wish I didn't have to.

Following James Santiago for a long time, he is GREAT player, great ear, has experience with all the cool gear. The fact he was there keeping the technical guys in check always making sure it all felt right from the player's perspective, I have to say I'm very very curious to try these pedals.

The choise of amplifiers IMO tells a lot about the type of players/custumer they are reaching for also... But they really should have added a Plexi.

PLysander

In this forum people seem to be way more interested in features, multiple paramaters, rather than a having a good sound.

Those two are not mutually exclusive. I don't see how ease of use would be compromised here by having all three amp variants in a single pedal, instead of three $400 ones. It's a fair question to ask.

The choise of amplifiers IMO tells a lot about the type of players/custumer they are reaching for also... But they really should have added a Plexi.

If this line sells well enough (which it likely will), i think higher gain amp variants are pretty much guaranteed to follow.

thornie

Silver Supporting Member
As I stated in another thread, I preordered all 3. IMO the sound clips smoke the HX Stomps Deluxe amp and the AC30 sounds more gnarly and unkempt than the polished helix version. I need to know for myself in my home studio how it stacks up. I may keep them, I may flip them. I ONLY use 2 amps in the Stomp, the Lit and the Matchless. These pedals do those two amps with their boost/speaker options.

My big criticism is why no balanced outs? I get no XLR, but no TRS balanced outputs? Wtf? Was this a cost cutting measure? If you’re goi g to ditch a headphone out, at least provide proper balanced outputs to go into an interface. Kind of head scratcher.

PLysander

Each pedal offers different features/controls. One has trem and verb as well as two amp mods. Another trem, a second amp, a room, and two boost pedals. The third has a room, and two pedals.

...which are all actuated by the same controls. Seriously, this is isn't rocket science - products like the Iridium or the AmpliFirebox already do this, in very similar form factors.

Instead, UA made intelligent choices.

Oh, they sure did :) I think they will sell a lot of these.

Black Squirrel

Gold Supporting Member
I'm viewing it more along this line, as opposed to an HX or fractal, then its a bargain

Tito83

Those two are not mutually exclusive. I don't see how ease of use would be compromised here by having all three amp variants in a single pedal, instead of three $400 ones. It's a fair question to ask.

If this line sells well enough (which it likely will), i think higher gain amp variants are pretty much guaranteed to follow.

Agree... But I never said they were. :dunno

While I agree they could have easily put it all in a single enclosure, there's time spent in R/D that has to pay off. Look for the Sweetwater and you'll have an idea of the care they put on each of those individual models. There's a reason why Mooer and similar companies can put out a modeler with dozens of models for as lilttle as they do.

I guess you can blame Mr. Tore. Wasn't he the one that headed the TC pedal stuff? Maybe that means eventually there will be a UA plethora :omg

I'm viewing it more along this line, as opposed to an HX or fractal, then its a bargain

Yeah, if you look at them just as an amp-in-the-box type of pedals (which I suppose is UAD’s idea) then suddenly their pricing isn’t that bad and the feature set is bloody amazing.
Then again, why UAD do that to themselves? If they’d have included line-out and XLR out they’d have vastly increased number of potential buyers

LaXu

You only have to login to HX edit for software updates and the Line 6 marketplace. It remains fully functional for device/preset management and preset editing while offline.
Thanks for the clarification. That's exactly how the UA app should work to me.

hbb

I have two en route as well (ruby and deluxe). Curiousity and experience with other uad gear. Never got along with strymon iridium soundwise though I do use it as a hardware IR loader and it satisfies that need well.

Ordered the tweed and vox one (blackface covered here 7 ways from Sunday!)… arrive on Friday! Will let y’all know

Ps - this whole “it’s connected to the Internet” freak out people have about devices is just lol… it’s 2022 and you’re typing this insanity on an Internet forum hahaha

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Ah, the UA hater again. It was you who made me banned a week from this silly forum, thank you for posting similar posts as I had a great off time. It seems TGP thinks if you buy digital gear it needs as many features as possible, quantity over quality? For folks like you there are enough alternatives but if you dig real amps with the common amp features these boxes make sense. I now have two Victory tube preamp pedals on my board which are similar priced as these pedals. Buying one of these I never have to worry about changing tubes and they do have more features and options like reverb and the OX cab modeling. Not trying to convince the conservative TGP crowd but these pedals make perfect sense to me, the only hesitation I have is that I have no real need for these specific amps, as well I don't need an amp modeler with hundreds of amps. The only one I might be interested in is the Ruby which is between the Victory The Copper I like buying one day. I'm a lover, not a hater ;-)
If you get banned it's your own fault. And you're not fooling anyone, we know you're The Lo Lands.

Henryk

I would like to ask a favor, whoever gets first any of these new UA pedals, especially Ruby and Dream, please let me know how they take pedals in front. Dream has a beautiful clean and if I could use my analog overdrive in front, this one pedal would do it for me, just as real Fender Deluxe Reverb amp would.
Thank you!

smellytele

Silver Supporting Member
None of these have any appeal for me (unless someone wants to buy me one) but I will say, the clips of the deluxe sounds VERY much like all of the tweed deluxe amps I've owned and played. Just from the clips, it impressed me. I could see where maybe one of these would be a nice backup for folks with Fractals, Helixes, and such.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom