New UAFX guitar amp emulators!

arty kewpcer

Looks great! I love the speaker choices for the Blackface, and adding in spring reverb and vibe is a great touch. Am I correct that there's no headphone amp?

Last edited:

arty kewpcer

looks like one thing the iridium has over them...
If it had one, I'd be ordering right now to replace my ACS1. I may still and use a Rolls box with it, but it would be nice to have it in the enclosure.

The ACS1 is a pedal I'm not in love with, but man it's hard to get rid of it.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
If it had one, I'd be ordering right now to replace my ACS1. I may still and use a Rolls box with it, but it would be nice to have it in the enclosure.

The ACS1 is a pedal I'm not in love with, but man it's hard to get rid of it.
ya i'm a hardcore iridium pusher, but i'm interested enough to buy one to shoot out. the headphone isn't a deal breaker but it sure would be nice.

Drew @ UA

Looks great! I love the speaker choices for the Blackface, and adding in spring reverb and vibe is a great touch. Am I correct that there's no headphone amp?
No dedicated HP amp, but there's plenty of signal to drive cans directly with a dual 1/4" Y cable to TRS 1/4" or even 1/8" mini.

looks like one thing the iridium has over them...

From what I can tell at a glance, it’s also lacking the ability to swap out the IRs. I’m sure the UA ones will be quality, but I’m grown so accustomed to using York IRs in everything as a sort of baseline speaker tone that this gives me pause.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
From what I can tell at a glance, it’s also lacking the ability to swap out the IRs. I’m sure the UA ones will be quality, but I’m grown so accustomed to using York IRs in everything as a sort of baseline speaker tone that this gives me pause.
Good point on the IRs. Interested to hear more about that.

Pedro58

Silver Supporting Member
There's isn't anything. You can't use IR's with them
It looks like you get more speaker models when you register. Those might be IR's. If so, maybe in the future. But I've got a cab sim in the Simplifier that does everything an IR will. So, I'll audition this thing alongside that and my PodGo with York IR's. Not exactly apples to oranges, but we'll see.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Is boost footswitchable as a dual function of the preset switch? Otherwise, the boost is just there to goose the base tone and not toggle as needed for a solo?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
It looks like you get more speaker models when you register. Those might be IR's. If so, maybe in the future. But I've got a cab sim in the Simplifier that does everything an IR will. So, I'll audition this thing alongside that and my PodGo with York IR's. Not exactly apples to oranges, but we'll see.
Knowing UA, there's about zero chance they'll open up for user IR's.... :bonk

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Knowing UA, there's about zero chance they'll open up for user IR's.... :bonk
You’re probably right about that. Like adding more presets through the app is a positive step forward but still limits your options playing live…in regards to the former releases.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Is boost footswitchable as a dual function of the preset switch? Otherwise, the boost is just there to goose the base tone and not toggle as needed for a solo?
Looks like you can assign other functions for the preset switch in the app.

Check out Andy’s demo at about the 11:28 mark.

Last edited:

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
I’m curious to see where you all plan on running these new pedals in your chain. As a flavor of OD, last in chain, reverb/delay placement, etc.?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom