• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New version of the OCD 2.0?

earwax

@earwax when did you get this email?

I cant find it......

I guess Mike likes you better than me lol
There was one on Saturday with the same content. I can’t tell how long he has been using this advertisement though. Maybe there is nothing new here?

The-Kid

Pedal Art: CIOKS/Vboutique/Providence Dealer
Vendor
There was one on Saturday with the same content. I can’t tell how long he has been using this advertisement though. Maybe there is nothing new here?
No it is new. I emailed him and he said these are less compressed than earlier V2s......and have been and will be modified to for less compression.

And I have no other emails saying otherwise but those ones.

Mine doesnt say all the stuff yours said but it essentially says this.

None of my other emails say anything like that.....other than these ones from this month....

So its safe to say thay yeah this is a latest update and a different V2 as Mike the man himself says its a less compressed version than earlier V2s.

Email and ask if you dont want to take my word for it. Thats what my email said. These are less compressed versions than earlier V2s.

The-Kid

Vendor
@earwax yeah I cant find any other mention of the modifications in any of my other emails but these ones from this month.

earwax

No it is new. I emailed him and he said these are less compressed than earlier V2s......and have been and will be modified to for less compression.

And I have no other emails saying otherwise but those ones.

Mine doesnt say all the stuff yours said but it essentially says this.

None of my other emails say anything like that.....other than these ones from this month....

So its safe to say thay yeah this is a latest update and a different V2 as Mike the man himself says its a less compressed version than earlier V2s.

Email and ask if you dont want to take my word for it. Thats what my email said. These are less compressed versions than earlier V2s.

I tried email but got nothing.

I think your phone could use a charge. 6 am in the morning and only 8% :)

The-Kid

Vendor
I tried email but got nothing.

I think your phone could use a charge. 6 am in the morning and only 8% :)
Lol....

When did you email?

Also I mean this email you got in your OP thats a fairly new one no?

Member he had to close down the whole factory and send everyone home cuz of the Covid 19 so only hes there now and it is Sunday....

Maybe he was bored taking a dump and was bored and just emailed me back for whatever reason.

Lol

Its at 55% now :)

The-Kid

Vendor
Also this is the email.

@earwax

Regarding the latest modification from the emails. The only mention of the new V2 mods in my emails are only within a month so this is the newest V2 essentially now as of this month or so.

Straight from the President of Fulltone right there

Got a pretty fast response.

Maybe I was lucky. It is just him running the company right now and well it is his day off.

Did ask one more time when the updates occured but havent gotten a response back

I am assuming these are updates are recent and unless he states in other emails....which he hasnt....previus versions were regular V2s especially the RED LED first Runs. Not sure about the transition from Red LED to Blue LEDS but these ones as of this month with Blue LEDs are the latest V2.1s in a sense because these are modified and its official from Mike himself.

His response to my email. Id post the straight up email but I want to have some level of discretion here and just post my email and his response in my text verbatim to what he said.....

"No, its less compressed than other V2s"

Below is my email and my questiom

Confirming these are mods based of first run V2s and not a V2 mods from the 1.8.

These are mods based on the first run V2 making them essentially a V2.1

I really couldnt give a more narrow explanation of my question and his response was short and to the point to answer everyones question regarding these new V2s.

Last edited:

The-Kid

Vendor
Okay latest update these are and have been re-visioned as of last week.

The update is a week old... I’m building it, I’m signing it!

Michael Fuller

President

Fulltone Musical Products Inc.
www.fulltone.com

So any new orders are personally being done by Mike and any orders that were taken for an original V2 GE or regular OCD will be with this new tweak.

He is also signing each pedal personally, assembling them and testing and playing them before sending off himself.....OCD, Clyde, Ranger De Ja Vibe...whatever.

I waited a bit to say the least until I finally made my order :)

earwax

Okay latest update these are and have been re-visioned as of last week.

The update is a week old... I’m building it, I’m signing it!

Michael Fuller

President

Fulltone Musical Products Inc.
www.fulltone.com

So any new orders are personally being done by Mike and any orders that were taken for an original V2 GE or regular OCD will be with this new tweak.

He is also signing each pedal personally, assembling them and testing and playing them before sending off himself.....OCD, Clyde, Ranger De Ja Vibe...whatever.

I waited a bit to say the least until I finally made my order :)
that’s cool! Thanks for the info!

1973Marshall

Loved the OCD since buying one in 2006 but this is just madness.

Having owned 3 versions (plus clones) and currently holding a v1.1 and 2.0 I can attest that both in bands and recordings either one is fine. It’s only when I waste my time A/Bing that I find differences that really don’t mean a ton.

Didn’t love the 1.4 but have enjoyed all the ones I own. The only reason I own two is because the switch on my 1.1 went bad and I had to ship it off for repair.

However, unless someone can show me some differences worth noting I’m getting off this version bandwagon. Such a great pedal and such a silly game.

The-Kid

Vendor
Some people like the V2 straight up. Recorded it sounds quite good.

But something about that older 1.7 I just dig. I do believe 1.7 was going to be Mike's last one and he was gonna be done as it was pretty bad ass. I even emailed him once and told him as such and he did appreciate it. I told him to please not make another version as these were pretty dope and he planned I feel on just adding buffer\true bypass and keeping it much the same aside from the ohms and taper on volume pots and values there. But again the Rohs thing.

But then the V2 came with the buffer\true switch but thanks to the ROHs stuff it resulted in a version that was a bit more compressed and while yes had a bit more gain felt a bit darker, and over all more compressed.

The first runs are great and they sound great here but I kind of preferred that older 1.7 to be honest and Id still own it had it not been stolen.

Allot of people dug the 7. It wasn't perfect but it was well rounded and I never did get a bad sound from it.

With the V2.1, the idea is to go back to that old 1.7 sound where he culminated the best attributes of all of the previous versions. So I guess think of it as a 1.7 but with buffer\true bypass switch and less compressed than a first run V2.

V2.1=1.7 with true bypass and buffer option.

first run V2 and v1.7

Last edited:

earwax

As I love to point out in every thread that pops up following the release of a new version of the OCD, the pedal is in fact called the "Obsessive Compulsive Drive". Mike will never be done with this one, there's no sense in getting upset about it.
The pedal has definitely earned its name

The-Kid

Vendor
I noticed the new V2 has a blue LED instead of red.
Thats been a thing for a minute now but it didnt mean a change aside from LED change. First Runs a majority of the ones made in 2017-2018-2019. I dont see any Blue LED OCD in my emails about 1 months and a half ago. And thats around the same time this video came out.

So there are some blue LED V2s out there but there numbers are super super limited. Couple hundred if not thousand because there was this short period of 2-3 months were these LEDs were used instead of RED and everything as of last week is this new modification.

So any of the V2s with Blue LEDs out in stores or that anyone has is still a V2 as same as RED LED V2. Blue Pill, Red Pill sort of deal.....but they are the same essentially unless the color LED plays some role on tone which I doubt.

The new V2.1 is different than either the V2 Blue or Red as those are the same and before this latest update that as said just got introduced last week.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
But again the Rohs thing.
Here's the timeline for the reference:
1 July 2006 - RoHS 1 takes effect. Lead based solders are prohibited.
2 January 2013 - RoHS 2 takes effect.
April 2013 - OCD v.1.7 is introduced.
June 2017 - OCD v.2.0 is introduced.
Just a food for thought.

V2.1=1.7 with true bypass and buffer option.
I don't think it's that simple. But it doesn't mean that you won't like your new v.2.1. Let us know how you'll find it.

The-Kid

Vendor
Here's the timeline for the reference:
1 July 2006 - RoHS 1 takes effect. Lead based solders are prohibited.
2 January 2013 - RoHS 2 takes effect.
April 2013 - OCD v.1.7 is introduced.
June 2017 - OCD v.2.0 is introduced.
Just a food for thought.

I don't think it's that simple. But it doesn't mean that you won't like your new v.2.1. Let us know how you'll find it.
On 4 June 2015, the EU commission has published a new Directive (EU) 2015/863 to amend Annex II to EU RoHS 2 (Directive 2011/65/EU) to add the following 4 phthalates onto the list of restricted substances. Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP): max 0.1%
https://www.rohsguide.com/

This is know as directive 3 and was introduced well after directive 2.
.this is the change Mike was most likely talking about.

Ima try one out and see how I like it. Also note this is the first time mike is using Blue LED since V3 but I really feel its a retake on the 1.7 with added enhance/true bypass switch.

Hoping I'll like it and sure its ganna sound dope.

Trending Topics