New VH clips on itunes Canada

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by fast98dodge, Jan 29, 2012.

1. fast98dodge

fast98dodge Member

Better clips than what's out so far...

Very heavy and somewhat progressive in spots...

2. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

I just listened to the whole shebang. The production is a little better then I thought but most of the tunes I didn't care for. The vocals are eh in most of them though I don't think Sammy would have done any better. It just doesn't sound like classic VH to me at all and really doesn't touch any record they have done with Roth IMO. I would bet Wolfgang had a big influence on this stuff as some it sounds like some of the more modern stuff out there. Maybe as time goes on I'll like it more but to me its lacking that old VH magic.

3. gkinsingapore

gkinsingapore Member

For what its worth I loved it and could definitely hear a lot of classic VH in there......

4. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

Its not terrible by any means but I still don't like the idea of using 5-6 demo songs that most VH fans have already heard. Of all the tunes I like Chinatown and Trouble with Never the most. Some of the stuff just sounds kind of thrown together to me. People are very excited about this record and especially VH fans would have trouble accepting it really doesn't touch anything they have done with Roth in the past. As much as I love Roth he's not doing much for this record IMO. Even musically the structure of most of the songs from a guitar/composition standpoint seem nothing innovative or spectacular. Yeah there are a lot of crazy runs all over the place but that doesn't = a great song. Not the end of world but I was hoping to really dig it. It's OK.

5. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

All i know this tunes sounds different on my home system...............My house is shaking ....so i can get the full effect:p