New Vibe? Should I? Or stick with my Mojo?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tinkercity, Mar 24, 2008.

1. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

I'm looking to see if there's anything out there that's worthy of replacing my Mojo Vibe. The vibe is great and functions as it should, but with my setup it seems to "wrap" itself around my tone instead of getting mixed in. I'm not entirely convinced there's anything better than the Mojo and absolutely love Bob Sweet's work and ethics.

So, with $300 or less what would you recommend? I play a hollowbody humbucker equipped guitar into a Deluxe Reverb. Key things I'm looking for are: Lots of depth, clarity, vintage vibe and a tone that will mix in with my tone a bit more. I may have just described what I've already got, but it's worth a shot to see what else is out there.

Thanks!

2. tinkercity

Oh ya, and smaller footprint is more valuable!

3. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

You ever gigged the mojo with a strat?? or p-90's
    Univibes don't like humbucking pickups when it comes to getting that true traditional Vintage univibe sound we are all aware of..The microvibe,being really an ok vibe in the phase 45 realm works good with humbuckers but it is not a true Univibe..Just saying from my personal experience..Your mileage may vary.:AOK

4. tinkercity

Interesting.... So a good question would be, a) how to make the Mojo Vibe vibe with humbuckers and b) where should I look besides the microvibe and phase pedals? Thanks for the info too!

5. GBlekas

GBlekas Supporting Member

Ultra Vibe II might be a good call.
    Bob Sweet is the Best :dude and I can't wait for the day that we get to jam!

Once Bob is better it looks like there will be a jam session set up somewhere in the North East. Not sure if this will be New York, Maine or who knows, but it will happen somewhere for sure.
    I am sure Bob would want everybody to come on by so he can personally thank each and every one of you that helped him out during this tough time.

I really can't say enough nice things about Bob!

Regards,
    George

6. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

You can try running the intensity control lower. Have you switched/played with the internal buffer yet?

7. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

He is gona stop here in Ga. First. Shame Ole GT had to move to the other coast..Hope all is well with you and your's George. Keith
    The Ultra and Ultra2 both work a bit better with humbuckers.But I'm still a sucker for single coils and a Vibe could be a cheap Fender Bullet.It just meshes better..

8. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Anychance you guys could come to Newfoundland thats preatty North East :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would love to come down and meet both of you!!!

for the record I have an Ultra II and Its amazing in every way... Now because I'm such a Gas Brain I do want to try everything else out there such as KR's vibe and Fox's work.. if you want to try another phase 45 style vibe you could try the mofaux vibe..

9. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Nothing's better than the Mojo Vibe (or Bob Sweet for that matter). Small footprint, runs off a power supply, sounds awesome. I have no problem with mine working with humbuckers, P-90s, or single coils. Keep the Mojo Vibe and enjoy it.

:AOK

10. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I have to say it. the small KR Megavibe is the best I've heard.
    It's dead on Hendrix at Woodstock or Isle of Wight. If thats what you are looking for, look no longer.

11. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

But it is no Mojo:D

12. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

:NUTS:D

13. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

regarding buckers, wouldn't it be better with low outputs?
    what about tv jones?

14. gregory49

gregory49 Member

I don't get it...:jo:confused:..

I know you said phase 45, I was just recomending another sweet sound product which i've heard is great for that kind of sound. Just looking at all the options

15. tinkercity

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I really want to try out the Aquavibe but no news yet on it's release date (I'm on the list though). I really need to open my Mojo up and see if it's on the vintage or modern setting.... I have a feeling that will aid in getting it to gel with my setup.

16. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I like the Mojo. I had one for a year.

17. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Here, here. I am ready for a change from my Mega and am awaiting an Ultra II. Before you buy anything else, do what Keith suggests. They are all good!

18. amphead777

amphead777 Member

What the difference between the Mojo and Ultra 1 and Ultra 2 ?

19. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Oh Man.I'm tired.Did not mean to cut and paste that forum 1 second thing...I was laughing at your funny request..:eek:

20. gregory49

gregory49 Member

what!?!! i was completely serious its not like I'm saying come to europe. Maine is only like 5 or 6 hours away.. :D:D:D