New Video! Suhr PT100SE and 2x12" Cab

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Loving the heck out of this rig and wanted to share the tones I'm getting! I said this in the video description too, but notice how I'm not changing a single knob on the amp. Once I got it dialed in, I can go between beautiful "percussive" cleans (with and without the boost), vintage plexi inspired tones (with and without the boost), and killer modern'ish high gain with only the footswitch and guitars. Amazing to me!

carl_is_tall

Nice video! I'm in the same boat as you,... Only knob I have moved in 5 months is the effects loop return level for a master volume. Most versatile amp I've ever played. I still love my vintage amps but when the cover band has a gig and I need to go from R&B to Whitesnake and everything in between,... It's the PT 100 all the way. The amp is a beast,... Just like Pete.

Have fun and like Pete said,... Get that amp to a gig!!

Cheers,
Carl

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Nice video! I'm in the same boat as you,... Only knob I have moved in 5 months is the effects loop return level for a master volume. Most versatile amp I've ever played. I still love my vintage amps but when the cover band has a gig and I need to go from R&B to Whitesnake and everything in between,... It's the PT 100 all the way. The amp is a beast,... Just like Pete.

Cheers,
Carl
I never end up loving both of the gain channels, but this amp is totally different! I think channel 2 really gets that plexi tone and channel 3 is a perfect high gain tone, even with the shared EQ. Love it!

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member

Cheers,
Carl
Thanks Carl! This amp gets every tone i want, which i dont think has ever really happened to me before with other amps.

It feels like this amp was made specifically for me. How cool is that!?

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Im surprised there arent more comments on the tones in this video. Im very happy with it. Lol

The goal was to make an accurate "in the room" style video without backing tracks, close microphones, effects, etc... to show the true tones. I havent yet run across another video like that for this amp.

carl_is_tall

Thanks everyone for feeding my need for attention.

Ha ha!

I recorded this on my phone the other day for a buddy. Thought it sounded pretty good for a dang iPhone clip.

Channel 2 with the Mobius and a DD-3 in the loop. Mobius set to my David Gilmour EM Flange setting. Sorry for the low quality,.. trust me,.. it sounds incredible!

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
I recorded this on my phone the other day for a buddy. Thought it sounded pretty good for a dang iPhone clip.

Channel 2 with the Mobius and a DD-3 in the loop. Mobius set to my David Gilmour EM Flange setting. Sorry for the low quality,.. trust me,.. it sounds incredible!

Sounds good!

Great video! Really liking the tones. I've been wanting one for months now, but I still hesitant about pulling the trigger. Never joined the 100-watter club and I think it would be even worse with my current living conditions. How manageable are the sound levels on this amp? Can you still get some of those great tones at lower volumes? I feel like I would need an attenuator or even a torpedo live to capture some of the amps sweet spots.

carl_is_tall

Great video! Really liking the tones. I've been wanting one for months now, but I still hesitant about pulling the trigger. Never joined the 100-watter club and I think it would be even worse with my current living conditions. How manageable are the sound levels on this amp? Can you still get some of those great tones at lower volumes? I feel like I would need an attenuator or even a torpedo live to capture some of the amps sweet spots.
Getting a great tone at any volume is what I love about this amp maybe the most. I have never had an amp with an effects loop, so controlling my volume with the return level was new to me. I was blown away. That crappy clip I posted above with my phone was at speaking volumes. You can hear the acoustic sound of the strings as I play them! It can definitely get ear shattering loud but it can also play very quietly and still sound good. That would be the last concern I would have with the PT-100. I think better concerns would be if you want a channel switching amp? Do you want to deal with an effects loop? For me, I did not have a channel switching amp or one with an effects loop. All my other amps are vintage or clones of vintage amps. I thought the PT-100 would be a great addition to my lineup and I was right. I play in a few different groups that all do different styles. For the blues band, I play my JTM45 or BF Bassman, for the Tom Petty Tribute band I play my Princeton and tweed deluxe. For the cover band that plays Prince, Zeppelin, Rob Zombie, Maroon 5, Dusty Springfield, Rick Springfield, etc,.. It's the PT-100 all the way. My pedalboard used to have 4 different overdrive pedals on it. With the PT-100,.. I only have 1 and it is only used as a light drive for channel 1.

I was just practicing last night out in my music room and I caught myself playing something with my Les Paul that made me turn around and laugh at my PT-100 in amazement that I own this amp. It sounds so damn good!

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
I agree with Carl. You can dial the volume way back and get down to bedroom levels. The volumes on this amp have a gradual taper, so it does jump up to real loud quickly.

I turn the treble and presence up more at low volumes, but that's to be expected really. When I turn the volume up, I change the settings a bit. But yeah, low volumes are no problem!

Trending Topics