1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEW VIDEO: Suhr Shiba Drive In Depth

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by HaggertysMusic, May 23, 2011.

1. HaggertysMusic

HaggertysMusic Member

We just did an in depth demo for the Shiba Drive showing off several tones running through the clean channel of a Mesa/Boogie Lonestar and one tone using the Shiba as a boost to the high gain preamp of the Lonestar.

I'm always amazed at how well the Suhr pedals track. As good as they sound live in the room, they consistently sound better when you put a mic in front of them. Amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDGyfjiBi4

2. Phalanx200bc

Phalanx200bc Member

Nice job again.... Its also great that you have someone tweaking on the fly and using the clean amp tone as a reference every time.

3. JohanSolo

JohanSolo Member

marked for later viewing.
    i have the shiba drive and love it...but for some reason...i find it better suits my guitar with suhr (FL standard) pickups than any other guitars...

conspiricy maybe?

4. HaggertysMusic

HaggertysMusic Member

It's getting really hard not to go exclusively with Suhr for your entire rig. I have two Suhr guitars on the way, and will be picking up a Badger 30... add in the pedals... it doesn't get any better. They have a monopoly going on here. I would buy Suhr picks, Suhr strings, Suhr hair gel... you name it, it's probably the best.

5. JohanSolo

JohanSolo Member

i wish that vid was available when i was researching whether to pick up a shiba (i got it anways) but there was none at the time showing it boosting an amps gain channel.

ill prob make a vid with my suhr pickups, but prob in song format...just to add to the diversity of the other current youtube vids

good job with the demo