• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New VOGD! Fender content..

Bryan29

Well I am glad to say that after over a year of legal wrangling, worry, fear of loss, and lots of other stuff, that I am now the proud owner of my dad's 1957 Fender Duo-Sonic. He passed away a year ago and we have been trying to get the guitar from the person who had it. He claimed to be my dad's son (Dad never admitted it) and then claimed that my Dad gave all his instrument to him right before he died (yeah right, my dad wouldn't even give me any of his instruments when he was well, and I was the only one of his kids who played music), and basically kept the family at bay hoping that we would give up and let him keep everything without a fight.

Well he was mistaken. After a couple of trips to court which drained him dry, added with his frequent trips to the local correctional facility for drug charges, he saw the light and cut a deal with the family, thereby getting the guitar to me, the place all the kids wanted it to go.

So I proudly present you with my Dad's guitar.

(Oh and the plaque reads Blonde Bitch, so I'm not so sure about playing it in church :p)

enjoy!

CitizenCain

Oh man, that guitar look like it just oozes tone! Congrats on getting it back from the poser. You can add that story to the many it looks like this guitar could tell :D

Bryan29

It's really cool. When I was a kid all my dad's instruments were off limits. So my whole life since I started playing this one's kind of been a "holy grail" for me. So to actually get it is wild. I haven't even plugged it in yet. Just been looking at it all evening.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Looks pretty sweet! Glad it all worked out so far.
I guess the plaque might get misinterpreted when you play it in church. But maybe you can introduce the guitar and the history first time you bring it in, could be a cool story before starting to praise.

Bryan29

If I do bring it to church (one place I'm sure it's never been) I'l probably just cover the plaque with tape or something. I'd remove it but I know the story behind how it got there so it definitely stays.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Second toggle added...what does it do?

It's beautiful...aged perfectly, MOJO to spare.

Aah, I love to hear about happy endings. And that guitar is a hell of a happy ending. Congrats, and I'm glad all's well :)

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
Somethings are worth fighting for. And blonde bitches are one of them. Congrats!

Trending Topics