New Voodoo from Mr. Black

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Dzmmit... I had to go early-adopter on this one and pick up the earlier hi-def 3 knob model.

Piss.... all $$ going towards xmas and taxes right now.

secretchord53

Silver Supporting Member
Being in Portland, I received mine yesterday. I also had the “standard” analog chorus that was released a few months ago, though not at the same time.

The deluxe sounds a bit better to me, from memory. A little cleaner, and more tonal flexibility with the shine control. I love being able to get a sine wave, as I generally prefer pure vibrato. The lag is also nice in a W/D rig with the vibrato only going to one channel. Excellent separation.

Ultimately, though, it’s not for me, and headed to the emporium. Nothing against the pedal, as it sounds terrific. Just a bit more than I actually need from the chorus effect, haha. I basically only want a vibrato, but like to try out choruses that can go full vibrato as they often can go a bit slower than most pure vibrato pedals.

lofibrian

Silver Supporting Member
Finally something that has the features and fidelity to dethrone my red witch empress chorus. Stoked to pick one up and try it out.

NHguitar88

I just ordered one of these bad boys, figured I should treat myself to a great modulation pedal instead of buying another overdrive or fuzz. Can't wait to try it out.

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
Actually never mind. I copied the settings from JayLeonardJ’s video and it’s great!

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
I could use some troubleshooting support. On my Suhr PT-15, clean channel only, when I have the pedal on, I hear a clipping/fuzzy sound whenever I play notes on the low E string. This stops when I either change it to the gain channel, or turn the chorus off. The pedal only does this in the effects loop—in front of the amp, it’s fine.

Does this mean the pedal is overdriving the effects loop? I understand some pedals aren’t meant to be in the effects loop, is this pedal one of those?

PhuzzphayzZ

^^^
Is that a Buffer issue? Pups too hot? CarlMartin ClassicFlange did the same thing up front, in the FXLoop it was fine (that WAS a CM internal buffer issue)... that is such an annoying troubleshoot, sure it will get resolved

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
^^^
Is that a Buffer issue? Pups too hot? CarlMartin ClassicFlange did the same thing up front, in the FXLoop it was fine (that WAS a CM internal buffer issue)... that is such an annoying troubleshoot, sure it will get resolved
Tried with both my Les Paul, Tele, Strat, hottest to lowest output, same result. Trying to figure out if this is a issue with Suhr amp or the pedal. I usually don’t use the effects loop, in fact this is the first time I’ve used it on this Amp.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
sounds excellent!

has anyone made a useful musical demo of the random sample-and-hold, played at a truly slow tempo?

Jack DeVille

Oh, I hope it's only temporary!
I'm building more.

Please keep in mind:
Due to COVID-19 and all associated disruptions, I am the ONLY person working in my shop and have been since March 23, 2020. I generally put in 6, sometimes 7 days each week, however there is literally only so much time in each day, and I have to sleep. :)

There will be more.
Thank you all for your patience, business and support!

Trending Topics