• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New VOS SG Special or the Pete Townshend?

catalinbread

There is a Townshend model on the bay right now. Hit? Should I just save up my pennies for a VOS Special?

cffluntouch

Platinum Supporting Member
You know you could probably pick up an original mid to late 60's special for not much more than a new Townshend. I bought a '68 on eBay a couple years ago. It is fantastic. I see them in the $2500 range on eBay all the time. I think the the Townshend's are usually around $2k. Long term the original will probably appreciate more.

mt1782

Gold Supporting Member
Well I believe there are a couple versions of the Townshend sig. Limited version that includes the flight case and Pete signed cert and one that doesn't.

This is a historic reissue with swapped knobs.

Its a great guitar it resonates like crazy, but I'm not a fan of the 60's profile neck so thinking about trading it, :NUTS, for a nocaster
(really like the custom shop thinline nocaster), I have a Les Paul with a fat neck to get my p90 tone.

Trending Topics