• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Vox AC10C1 - Anybody owns it or tried it?

tochiro

Hi,

I'm interested in this amp but read that it has reliability problems. What's your experience with it? Is the clean headroom relatively similar to the AC15C1? Thank you.

Cheers

Staggerlee

I have it. No reliability issues so far and I don't know where you have read that it does have any. That being said, it is a budget amp built in China with the cheapest possible materials. However, Vox has a reputation of relative reliability as opposed to, let's say Fender Blues Jrs.

Clean room is pretty low, by 10-11 o'clock it starts breaking up.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I tried one... Very surprised by how good it sounds. It's pretty loud IMHO. I will wait for the used market and buy one for home use. It's the ideal apartment amp for me.

Travst

I have one and haven't had any problems. Given that it's a new model, that's not surprising. I like it a lot and have played it with my Fenders, my LP, and my old Gretsch Tennessean. It's surprisingly versatile, and the early breakup suits me well.

Staggerlee

With a single coil guitar ou a humbucker one? You mean 11 o'clock on both the Gain and Volume knobs?
With humbuckers you get the edge of breakup around 11, singles around 12. From there it doesn't really get louder just more gainy. This is with the Master Volume at pretty much any setting. I think you have more headroom when the Master is turned all the way up, but I haven't cranked it that much so don't take my word for it.

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
I bought one and had to send the first one back. It had a crackling noise that got louder as the volume was raised. 2nd unit is dead silent and works like a champ. Great sounding amp and will fit allot of needs, but IMO the VX10 speaker sucks. I have a Celestion G10 Greenback on the way. Swapped the pre-amp tubes with Tung Sol’s and there was some improvement in the bass and it tamed the treble a little, but just can’t hang with the stock speaker.

Last edited:

leewaun

I got one and am real happy with it. Like the light weight which an ac10 or ac30 don't have. Have had no problems with mine either. It doesn't have near as many options as the bigger Vox's do but has a real good top boost sound. Has lots of bass unlike the ac4 which had none.

Trending Topics