New Vox amp day

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gearaddict, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Gearaddict

Gearaddict Member

I traded in my NT15 head and cab and added $20 yesterday for a new AC15C1. Haven't even tried the top boost channel and I'm in jangle heaven! No comparison to the NT. Plenty of clean headroom even with the stock tubes and greenie on the normal channel. The tremlo is super sweet and the reverb is totally useable unless you are a Dick Dale wannabee. I was little leary after my Night Train purch after I read some of the negatives on this amp, but this amp seems giggable and rock solid. Dead quiet too on idle.

Haven't dragged out the RIC yet, but my MIM strat with Dimarzio Areas sure sounds AMAZING! I love the simplicity of the normal channel. Never had a real Vox amp before but I'm hooked. Can't wait to plug in my Blue extension cab. but I really and I mean really like the greenback in this amp, not only clean but overdriven.

It's been a great day for this tone addict. I have my Budda retubed and back to life, stronger than ever and a new Vox AC15.......in the house!

2. inanevoyage

inanevoyage Member

Very nice. Did you go with the blue vinyl limited they announced at NAMM?

3. Gearaddict

Gearaddict Member

I saw that blue amp....gorgeous! $100 upcharge. Didn't go with my black extension cabs. I also really dig the classic look of the Vox diamond grille cloth, gold trim creme piping and black tolex. The blue motif is beautiful for sure.

4. inanevoyage

inanevoyage Member

Ahhh, color coordination. I had looked at the traditional diamond cloth AC15 about six months ago. Ended up buying a DRRI.

Now that they've announced the blue vinyl I might just end up with both.

Congrats on your NAD! :cool:

5. jkamp20

jkamp20 Member

Just got mine last weekend. Just sent the output of my stereo delay, one to each channel for the first time today. Oh man!

6. Gearaddict

Gearaddict Member

What a freak idea! Never thought about using stereo pedals. Excellent idea.

I got to play some more with the amp yesterday. Whats not to love? I really like the tone cut especially on the normal channel side.