NEW Wampler Terraform - Multi-Modulation Machine

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gafan92, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Lomeos

Lomeos Member

Anyone? Sorry for bumping. But if the lack of high end on the phaser is by design, then it's a dealbreaker for me. And I only have one week left for a full refund. Thanks.

2. Cada7777

Cada7777 Member

You may be on to something. I was the least impressed with the phaser and my Phase 95 will remain on my board. That said the other effects have been great and I preferred the chorus to my classic CE-2. I have seemed to notice some glitchy behavior when using MIDI to switch presets but cannot replicate it. I also used univibe last weekend and loved it but noticed a pulsing sound when not playing. So still kind of getting to know it. Kinda bummed that it doesn't sync to MIDI clock but I can live with that.

3. Cada7777

Cada7777 Member

I might add that what I really do appreciate greatly is that I find the Terraform mixes very nicely with all my pedals and does not get in the way - it seems ideal for a semi-complex setup.

4. Lomeos

Lomeos Member

Yes, it is a really nice pedal. I Really like the way midi works and the pre/post setting. I hoped it would also free up the spot on my loop switcher for my phase 90 so I could use the pre post. Oh well.

5. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

How exactly is it being powered?

6. Steve247

Steve247 Member

I have a cioks DC5 and I’m using one of the 300 mA outputs.

7. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

^ Def solid on the power front.
    Mine acted a little strange when I first plugged it in. Factory reset it & it’s worked fine since.

8. Steve247

Steve247 Member

I did try that with no luck. I emailed wampler so hopefully I’ll hear back tomorrow. Thanks!

9. Lomeos

Lomeos Member

Yay for quoting myself! It took some time, but - unfortunately - my pedal isn't broken. They all have it. The direct signal on the phaser of the Terraform is a tonesucker by design. Keep that in mind when purchasing this otherwise very nice pedal.

10. Danzego

Danzego Member

I got a Terraform for Christmas from my wife and it’s great. Unfortunately, I spent the first half hour I had with the pedal finishing assembly.

I looked at the back of the pedal when I opened it and felt something drop in my lap and almost into the couch. It was the Volume knob, which wasn’t tightened at all (there are two hex screws in it). I had to do the same to the Variable knob which wasn’t tightened enough to keep it from spinning in circles.

Thankfully, it doesn’t seem as if the Tumnus Deluxe I also got today has any assembly issues. @BrianWampler - might want to let the assembly guys know to mind the knobs please?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  11. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Well,
    I noticed this too...but the darkness went away immediately when I turned off my compressor.

YMMV,

Sj

12. Cada7777

Cada7777 Member

Ah - that explains it. Thanks for the update.

13. Kevo888

Kevo888 Member

For any midi users out there..I have finally got the midi tap tempo to work.
    The info in the manual didnt work for me..but this does. I am using a Morningstar MC6.

1.Create a new preset name it TAP for short name and toggle name. Turn toggle flash off.
    2. Message= Cntl Chg.
    3. Action = Press
    4. Tgl Pos = Both
    5.CC Number = 81
    6.CC Value = 127

Post below if it works for you. I now have my SA Collider and Terraform in tap tempo sync via my MC6. The Collider was easy as it accepts midi clock tap tempo.

14. Difab4

Difab4 Member

But how did you change presets, the switch is small and not a footswitch

15. fjrabon

fjrabon Member

If you hold down the tap tempo button it turns into a footswitch preset cycle button.

16. Cada7777

Cada7777 Member

Thanks Kevo888, and just to be sure I understand (I have an ES8 which can send the tap CCs) this will at least allow you to send the tap command but if my preset had a BPM loaded it would not sync to that clock correct?

17. Jess 1971

Jess 1971 Supporting Member

I got the Terraform yesterday, and it is a cool little pedal. My first impressions so far are that the interface is pretty simple, and I like the form factor. The pedal is small for what it can do.

However, I don't think Terraform sounds as good as the Strymon Mobius. Maybe I just need a little more time to tinker with it, but out of the box I get better sounds from the Mobius. Still plan on keeping the Wampler too though, as I'm using it for a direct recording rig, but I think each pedal has its strengths and weaknesses.

C-4 likes this.
  18. homeunit

homeunit Supporting Member

Before I go ahead and buy, are we still liking this, or is there some quality alternatives to consider? I was thinking this and a SA Collider to kick off my new, do all pedal board build.

Kevo888 likes this.
  19. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

I’m def still digging it. I have a Collider too & they make a great pair.

I have a play through video in the works of the Terraform.

20. homeunit

homeunit Supporting Member

Cool. I think I’m going to start a thread here where you guys help me build my new pedalboard from the ground up.