New Warmoth Neck on its way - 59 roundback

Steve1977

I think you do get more mid range than on a maple neck, we're talking subtly different. I really, really love the wenge and ebony combo. You get highs from the ebony and warmth from the wenge, coupled with swamp ash body, the tone is exactly what I wanted. Perfectly balanced.
I don't believe i'll ever want a different combo. Raw wenge and an ebony compound radius fretboard with stainless steel jumbo frets is as good as it gets for a strat in my opinion.
Bare in mind though, my pickups are fairly high output, Seymour Duncan lil 59 neck, duckbucker mid and fullsized jb trembucker in bridge. I'm going for warm Gibsony howls more than I'm going for ice pick glassy spikes. That said, this pickup combo can cover most ground. I can get les pauly in the neck or bridge, I can go classic strat in mid position and I've still got a bit of quack in position 4. Love it.

Lil Noise

Yeah it's rosewood. One of the best moves I've ever made.
Here's the front.

Very, very nice.
I would change the pickups, bridge, knobs, jack and switch to black or some contrasting color for even more awesomeness - but that's just me

Enjoy that machine!

I think you do get more mid range than on a maple neck, we're talking subtly different. I really, really love the wenge and ebony combo. You get highs from the ebony and warmth from the wenge, coupled with swamp ash body, the tone is exactly what I wanted. Perfectly balanced.
I don't believe i'll ever want a different combo. Raw wenge and an ebony compound radius fretboard with stainless steel jumbo frets is as good as it gets for a strat in my opinion.
Bare in mind though, my pickups are fairly high output, Seymour Duncan lil 59 neck, duckbucker mid and fullsized jb trembucker in bridge. I'm going for warm Gibsony howls more than I'm going for ice pick glassy spikes. That said, this pickup combo can cover most ground. I can get les pauly in the neck or bridge, I can go classic strat in mid position and I've still got a bit of quack in position 4. Love it.
Thanks for the reply - that makes a difference for me - looks like a wenge/ebony neck is in my future!

Lil Noise

I've read somewhere that the '59 roundback taper from the head to body is more pronounced than other of their necks. Do you find that to be true?

aT19er

Hot damn that looks good! I like the color combo. I'm sure that neck is awesome. I had a Warmoth before but with a soft v (found out I'm not a soft v fan) and ss frets before.

Steve1977

I've read somewhere that the '59 roundback taper from the head to body is more pronounced than other of their necks. Do you find that to be true?
yeah, the 59 goes from 0.860" at the first fret to 0.960" at the 12th, my warmoth boatnack is a straight 1.0" thickness all the way down, but the V does round off as you get further down the neck.
I had a fatback and it was just a staight 1.0" log all the way down.

The 59 is my fav so far.

Trending Topics