New Wayne Krantz Lesson - Rhythm

GtrWiz

yeah, I got that one, because I really dig how syncopated his playing is, but it 's really just like him talking about rhythm. He really doesn't get into the mechanics of how he developed it. Pretty disappointing...

jabromusic

Silver Supporting Member
yeah, I got that one, because I really dig how syncopated his playing is, but it 's really just like him talking about rhythm. He really doesn't get into the mechanics of how he developed it. Pretty disappointing...

well he does say at the end that the next batch of lessons will be much more specific. he also says that he didn't want to talk about where that creative spark came from. i downloaded all 3 lessons and thought he gave a pretty decent overview of the way he thinks about melody, harmony, and rhythm. yes, the concepts are all pretty basic and any advanced/intermediate to advanced player will have dealt with all of these issues. it was interesting to me to hear him practice in front of us listeners (i've never really gotten to hear any of my favorite musicians actually practice). i was a little disappointed too at first but i quickly realized that at $5 a pop these lessons are a bargain and the next bunch will go into more detail. overall, i would recommend all 3 of the lessons.

GtrWiz

good point...

I missed the part where he said the next ones would be more specific, I'll definitely check those out.

proreverb68

Silver Supporting Member
He reminded me about giving 16th rests a full value on purpose and although this may read like simple stuff...

Ahaaa....

My groove went up a notch this morning. I was just sitting in my practice space and laughing at how good the groove was feeling.

For 5 bucks, and an hour of my time, I got an overview, refresh, reminder lesson that was worth it to me...
In the future rhythm lessons, I do hope to hear more details about practicing, excercises and yet I like the looseness of when he just talks about his ideas on music. Great stuff.

plus it goes to support one of the best guitar players I've ever heard.
I also look forward to some lessons on his ideas about phrasing.

The early Scale lesson (havn't gone through that one entirely yet...) seems so far like another angle or another way to express his ideas that he laid out in his OS improvisors guide so if you own that, The scale lesson an additional angle and avenue to understand and motivate myself to practice it.

Hearing him play the stuff with a simple metronome and hearing those notes pop out...just makes me want to work with my time SoOOOO much more.

Getting to hear him play and Feel the feel without all the other instruments really showed me alot. I plan on purchasing many more lessons as they come out.

Heres a chance to at least support one of the guys who plays REAL music.

God knows the American Idol public at large isnt supporting this guy or this sort of music directly.

dsw67

I was the one who originally posted this. It was back before I left TGP in sheer frustration and asked Brian to delete my account.

What follow ups were you looking for, from Wayne or from me? I had really hoped Wayne had kept posting lessons. For the price they were a steal. But, perhaps he didn't get many hits, or doesn't dig teaching, or whatever. I sent him a couple of emails requesting more, but he never replied.

;)

Last edited:

dsw67

It's been two years. I really wish he'd post more, but apparently he's got more pressing commitments.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
I love Wayne's playing and it was fun to hear those lessons. I appreciate him saying that being 'in the pocket' is 'powerful'.
I was also entertained 'cause he seems really OCD, in a good way. Probably many artists are. It's funny hearing a cassette rewind over and over. Don't hear that much nomore nomore.

Jazz2Punk

It's been two years. I really wish he'd post more, but apparently he's got more pressing commitments.

I purchased them recently and was disappointed to find that they were meant to be the beginning of a series that was never completed. Could've been a promising series.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom