NEW X50 XITS 50 watt amp..

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by wichita, Jun 30, 2008.

1. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

We are happy to announce the arrival of the new X50 the Xits 50 watt amp..

The amp is a two channel amp. Non foot switchable. Use an A/B box or chose your favorite channel..

Channel one features Treble, Bass and Volume controls and to my ear sounds like seriously tweaked AC30. Chime and incredible feel.

Channel 2 is a fire breathing monster. A cross between a AC50 and a great Plexi Marshall, but with its own twist. Super touch sensitivity and variable gain all in the volume knob on the guitar and right hand pick attack...
    Also features treble, bass, and volume.
    The amp features a master cut control to fine tune high end response.
    A serious serious lead channel.

The X50 has an assignable passive effects loop. The loop can be directed to Channel A or B, and we are running 2 EL34's in this puppy.
    Check out clips and photos on the guitar 25 site.!

2. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

Whoa! Sounds awesome! Nice Boones Farm plug too.

3. Sam Evans

Sam Evans Compliance Officer Gold Supporting Member

4. Sam Evans

It looks fantastic. Love the clips. That last one is killer.

SE

5. wichita

OK HERE IS THE SPECIAL DEAL TO INTRODUCE THE AMP..ONLY A GEARPAGER SPECIAL

he first 11 X50's will go out the door for $1965. To style this deal a little more I will ship the first 6 with tube buffered loop at no extra charge. This is a D Style Tube buffered loop in this amp... 1965.00 out the door!!!!
    YAY!!!!

6. rustolium

rustolium Member

I'm on the list. Can't pass this one up.

I have played the proto. It rocks. The tone stack is very flexible on this thing. Lance is not kidding, it can breathe fire if you want it to. I'm really excited to hear the tube buffered loop as well.

This is a killer amp.

7. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

lance...list..pm me..thanks:AOK

8. wichita

3 of these are gone.. 3 more with a free loop left, and then down to 5 without..
    Didn't mean for this to be a sales thread.. we can move this to manufacturers sales if need be.. :)

9. Sam Evans

I love the look of the grill cloth covering the entire front of the amp. I bet it looks even better in person. I'm counting my pennies.

SE

10. Michael Koski

Michael Koski Member

Hey Sam! Should I start building one for you?

Thank you for the input on the grill. I have been going back and fourth on how these should look. Some other options are to have a wood face like on my combos and cabs or to simply back the letters with something so they pop more. I would love some input from all you crazy folks.

m

11. anyone

anyone Member

Dang, that's a fine sounding amp!

I like the subtle approach with the letters and grill. Looks killer just the way it is, I think.

12. Sam Evans

As soon as I finish counting my pennies!!! A wood front would be bad ass as well.

SE
    CI

13. Stratclaw

Stratclaw Member

Beautiful amp----I like it as is, or possibly with something backing them to have the letters stand out a little more. After all, you want people to know what amp they're being floored by.
    I recently picked up a XITS Sadie combo----Michael, you have a great talent. This amp is voiced so nicely with a great combination of sweetness and grit, and pedals sound amazing through it. Absolutely the best sounding Voxish amp I've ever played, and I've owned some nice early 60's AC30's and 15's, and many, many of the other derivatives out in the market place. I can only imagine how good the AC50 sounds----and since I know how fantastic the Sadie sounds, I have to tell anyone who's on the fence about one of these, GET IT. It will become a classic, IMO.

14. rustolium

rustolium Member

Michael,

I personally think the wood front and logo with the cool grill on it like your cabs would be dead sexy. Basically, have it look just like a little cab.

Now, there could be some differences I guess in that you could do a smaller strip of the wood just tall enough to back the logo but span the full width of the head case.

I just really think you gotta follow the design you came up with for your cabs, it is just so nice. the missing wood panel in some form is important.

15. wichita

I agree..
    Mike and I have spoken about that..

16. Michael Koski

Michael Koski Member

A wood front it is. Thank you so very much for your input!

Stratclaw. You are to kind. Thank you for the amazing compliment!

m

17. Sam Evans

Mike,

Are you thinking of covering the entire front of the amp like the cloth does?

SE
    CI

18. Michael Koski

Michael Koski Member

Hey Sam,

It will be wood and woven vinyl. A flip of what I do on my cabs. Woven vinyl on top and the wood on the bottom. The area that is not wood also acts as ventilation so the valves can stay happy. In my combos this is not necessary because there is a lot of air moving through the chassis. The loudspeakers and volume of interior space also help keep everything fresh so nothing cooks. I have actually done smoke tests to see how air is circulating and created convection currents where necessary. This is why you don't see holes cut in the top of my cabs. I assure you, the X50 will be sexy. I started the way I did simply as a nod to what inspired it.

Rock on brother,

m

19. Sam Evans

Thermionic devices loves 'em some ventilation!

I still love the all cloth version, but I'm sure the new version will be equally as kick-ass. Lance did a great job on the clips too, so you're good to go.

SE
    CI

20. wichita