New Yamaha THR?

Rufus

The long awaited THR100combo??
Added a "0" for you.

I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why Yamaha is not making either higher wattage versions of the THR10 amps or some kind of combo version of the THR100. It is odd. It is the one thing customers have consistently demanded since the introduction of the THR10, and yet it is the one thing Yamaha refuses to make. If Yamaha made, for example, a THR50 combo that was just a bulked-up THR10 with a larger speaker and more power, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. In a heartbeat! You hearing me, Yamaha?

stompboy

Added a "0" for you.

I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why Yamaha is not making either higher wattage versions of the THR10 amps or some kind of combo version of the THR100. It is odd. It is the one thing customers have consistently demanded since the introduction of the THR10, and yet it is the one thing Yamaha refuses to make. If Yamaha made, for example, a THR50 combo that was just a bulked-up THR10 with a larger speaker and more power, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. In a heartbeat! You hearing me, Yamaha?
We are listening. I make no promises though.

Berlin Chris

If Yamaha made, for example, a THR50 combo that was just a bulked-up THR10 with a larger speaker and more power, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. In a heartbeat! You hearing me, Yamaha?
Same here. But engineering a high-power hifi-amp (read: FRFR) with great amp sounds plus effects and other useful features for a competitive price seems to be a very difficult task.

I'm hoping for some nice ergonomics, but the review I saw didn't look promising. Hope there's more than the double cutaway design.

guitardr

Silver Supporting Member
But the content-free teaser is a relatively new tactic from yamaha music. When the THR10 came out there wasn't a tease like they've been doing lately.

It's like they hired a new marketing head from outside the MI world and they decided that teasers are the way to go. They probably delude themselves into seeing all the negative feedback about their tactics as generating 'buzz' about products when all it's doing is generating ill will towards a company that many people have respected for years.

It's like established companies that hire millennials as their 'social media directors' when then go on to do something stupid on twitter or facebook - while thinking they're being clever - and end up causing problems for the company.

Dear Yamaha Music marketing department: Stop trying to be clever. Either you have a product that's ready to be announced or you don't. Don't insult our intelligence and waste our time with coy tease campaigns because that's the trend du jour.
Whether it's that "Mad Scientist" ad or musicians talking about the Rev, why not cut to the chase and show the thing being used. What a waste of hype & time.

Last edited:

FPFL

Stompboy,

Thanks for listening.
We appreciate it.
Yamaha makes great stuff.

No amp gets more use than my thr10.

I'd love to see more I/O on the 10 v2. A full size alternate input jack and keep the existing 1/8 one please. So handy to run other things in and still have a guitar in!

Paul