Newbie here sort of....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TopDog, Apr 3, 2008.

1. TopDog

TopDog "jumping the valence" Silver Supporting Member

Hello all,

First off, my user name was not my first choice. I wanted to go by LongIslandRod since I live in Nassau County, Long Island NY, I use that user name in other forums but for some reason TGP would not let me use that name so chose LesMax. My name is not Les, it's Rod. I do have 57 RI Les Paul however.

I have many musical influences but lately my tastes tend toward Jazzier/blues styles. Like Ford, Carlton, Henderson, Steely Dan, and all the legends.

Huge Hendrix fan - BTW!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of contemporary pop/rock music. For my tastes I find it harmonically challenged and the lyrics weak.

I have a bad case of GAS. I think it that's because I'm married and no longer chase girls. So I chase gear. I have a bunch of great guitars, amps and pedals. I also lust for that elusive Dumble tone! Yeah, I had a Fuchs, a Two Rock CRS V1. Now I have a Bludotone on order that's due in June :)!!!!!

I play a lot, several hours a day. Lately I've been transcribing like a madman. I do gigs with a blues band, and fill in gigs here and there. I'm sick to death of Classic Rock! I jam frequently with a few great players which provides me probably the most musical pleasure.

I'm an electrical engineer and work as an operations Manager; "it's been berry berry good to me." It feeds my GAS.

That's it for now.......

Rock on,

Rod

"the truth is straight ahead"

2. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Rod!

3. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

I've got news for you. your GAS will only get worse.

Let us know how you like your new amps once you have put them through their paces.

4. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hello Rod,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

5. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Welcome to The Gear Page! Changed your username to your preferred one. Behold the power of the Admin! :D:D:D