• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Newbie query. OD's has anyone stacked KoT, Tim & Honey Bee?

CWK

Just wondering if anyone has stacked KoT, Tim & Honey Bee and if you liked the results.

Thanks.

Wheeler004

I've stacked the KoT with the Timmy (KoT>Timmy). Never had the chance to stack them both with the HB. The KoT and Timmy sounded great together, but it seemed a bit redundant as the Timmy didn't really add anything that the boost channel of the KoT couldn't handle.

Guinness Lad

Stacked a KOT and TIM before...sounded great. Actually, the TIM/Timmy is probably the best stacking pedal I have ever used. I'd still have them if if were not for the Ethos Overdrive that I bought.

thisfire

I stacked a HB and KoT and didn't really like the results...sounded a bit unnatural. They each have their own low gain vibe but I always stuck to using them solo, with a Dyna Red for the higher gain stuff.

scottpic

FWIW...

I have the TIM as my main OD pedal.
I have a Monte Allums BD-2 in front of it.
This is a very nice pair! And a MK 4.23 in front of those.
Lots of choices.

drolling

I first got the idea to stack distortions when I saw Brian Setzer (Stray Cats) with two tubescreamers - and I've since found that thing's start to get pretty noisy if you add a third (unless it's a clean boost).

And I've had no experience w/KoT..

However, TIM/Timmy & HoneyBee are two of my fave ODs, and they both stack really well with just about any other dirtbox.

Normally, Timmy'd be closest to the amp, to take advantage of its amazing tone-shaping EQ circuitry, but the HoneyBee's behaves so much like an amp itself, that I always place it last (just before delay). HB loves to be pushed; just a clean boost's like adding another gain stage to this pedal

teXum

I'd have to agree with the overall opinion in this thread: KOT and HB don't really stack that well, something with where the mids on these are situated, and the overall compression character doesn't really complement each other.

Haven't tried the Timmy (yet), but like "drolling" says, the HB likes to be driven a bit, preferably with something with flat or even scooped mids, and to my understanding, the Timmy should be slightly scooped. Could be wrong, though, so you should try it out for yourself. I do know that the Bad Bob booster does a good job of driving the HB, though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom