• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Newbie question re: interfacing my MOXF with an iPad

BoxWes

Silver Supporting Member
So excuse my ignorance as I am still figuring things out....

I have a MOXF6 and an iPad Pro. I would like to be able to use the MOXF6 to control the Moog Model 15 app on my iPad. It appears that all I need is the USB / Lightning camera adapter to hook up and control it, pretty simple. My dumb question is, what about getting the audio out of the iPad? Will it come back over the input bus to the MOXF so I can feed it to my monitor? Or do I need to get something other than the USB camera adapter to make that happen?

kiki_90291

If the MOFX6 can act as a sound card/audio interface, then you may be able to loop the audio back through (i plug my iPad into my L6 Helix and use it as the audio interface). I don't know much about your yamaha, but it looks like you can treat it like a audio interface - give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can just use the headphone out as a stopgap.

BoxWes

Silver Supporting Member
1 trip to Best Buy and 1 iPad camera adapter and I am playing the Moog Model 15 app on the iPad back through the keyboard with everything coming out the monitor. Works like a champ. I just have to remember to put it in airplane mode because iPad notifications get a little loud and interrupt the groove. :)

kiki_90291

Cool! I need to try the Model 15. I finally got my rig up and running yesterday (Roland A500 Pro into Helix into iPad) and have started fiddling around with Korg Module, Gadget and Animoog. Once I get those figured out, I want to check out the other Model 15 and the other Korg apps.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom