1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Newest Score. McNaught VSC

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by DWB1960, Jan 10, 2006.

1. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

6/2004 Model in absolutely dead mint shape. Best used score in my over 30 years of playing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. bailnout

bailnout Member

Like I said to my last psycho girlfriend,

"Drop dead...gorgeous!"

3. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

OK...gotta ask then. So (app.) whadja pay for it? Seems a bit crass to ask, I know, but your presentation just beggs the question. Very, very sweet axe. How's it sound? Chambered? AC

4. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

$2627 (weird Ebay price thingy) which was $23 under my max. If not for it being so close to Xmas I'm sure I would have been outbid. No chambers (it's about 8.5 pounds but the weight is balanced nicely) and almost too cool to look at. I wanna play it but it wants to be looked at!

The RIO texas and BBQ set are growing on me. This thing is a Les Paul. I keep thinking I should be expecting tons more tonewise but it is afterall Dave's take on the ultimate LP. In that regard he has succeeded 1000%

5. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Rios, hmmmm. I have a McNaught DC Semi-hollow that initially had Rio Texas BBQs installed, but when I heard the pronounced 'whomp' midrange over the phone when they demo'd it for me, I requested that they be switched to a set of Voodoo 59s that I sent them. Now it screams, without the 'whompy' midrange...very well balanced and articulate. I know Dave also favors WCRs in his guitars. Now, due to the HB nature of my guitar, the wierd mids were probably a bit exagerated and not a great match for thr Rios, but you may want to consider other options if not completely happy with them. It's too nice of a guitar to not have the optimal tone! AC

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

Donnie - For sale stuff in the Emporiums please.

7. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

Scott,

I don't think it's for sale. I think he's just showing it off.:AOK

8. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

Actually I had posted about a possible trade *wink* if anyone had a high end *wink* guitar from a maker *wink* of McNaught's *wink* caliber who might be interested in swapping *wink*.

I deleted that post. And ya, I also like showing off. Just wait till the new *wink* Thorn *wink* arrives.:eek:

9. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

My apologies!!!!

10. VegasGreg

VegasGreg Member

That is a very cool looking guitar! The color is fantastic...