Next Guitar Thoughts / Advice

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by engine24355, Jan 3, 2008.

1. engine24355

engine24355 Member

Getting ready for my next guitar purchase and wanted to get your advice on the following choices:

Agile 2800
    Agile 3000 CSB
    Agile 3100 CSB Wide
    Agile 3000 M
    Agile 3000 MAP EMG

LTD EC 1000 Deluxe
    LTD EC 500

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig.
    Epiphone Slash Sig.

Any advice would be great. Everytime I think I have it figured out something new comes up. In this case, I keep hearing good things about Agile guitars. Let me know your thoughts on the above choices.

Thanks!!!

2. cnardone

cnardone Supporting Member

what are you trying to get out of your next guitar? What do you currently have?

cmn

3. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

I'd get a big jazzbox.

4. engine24355

engine24355 Member

Sorry, I should have said this already, but I want my next guitar to be a more of of a rock guitar. However, I am open to other options if the tone is right. My current collection consists of stock classical type guitars for that warm creamy tone. Want to go for more of a high gain rock tone.

5. hbar

hbar Member

Have you considered getting a bass?

6. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

Out of what you've suggested, the ESP/LTDs seem to be the best for what you're looking for. However, I can't stand Epiphones, and I have no experience with Agiles. You might want to also check out the PRS SE Singlecut or Tremonti SE.

7. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

In that general price range, you definitely should look at the PRS SEs mentioned. Additionally, you might check out Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom, Godin Redline, Reverend Volcano, Schecter, Hamer XT. Each tonally versatile, under $500 list, and capable of the "rock thing."

I tried out the Epiphone Zakk Wylde, and while the neck was really great to play, the guitar was truly underwhelming tonally (and it was on the heavy side physically).