Next pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jordanyeo, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jordanyeo

jordanyeo Member

So far, my board is set up as follows:

Classic vibe tele w/Bigsby and Fender noiseless pickups ->

EB Volume Pedal -> Boss TU-2
    EHX LPB-1 ->
    Fulltone OCD ->
    Strymon Timeline ->
    Strymon Bluesky ->

into an AC15. The AC15 has no effects loop, but I sometimes use the amp tremolo if I don't have the bluesky engaged.

I don't play anything too heavy, and was thinking about maybe adding a Tim to increase my range of overdrives. Also thinking about a tubescreamer, or maybe even an analog delay like the carbon copy (Used to own a vintage DMM).

Recommendations for what I should buy next?

2. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I would definitely look at an overdrive. Try grabbing a Butah(Bluesbreaker) and Signa(Tube Screamer) from cmatmods, they are both pretty awesome and play nicely together.

3. Catch

Catch Analog>Digital Converter

My first thought is a Tim too. My Morgan DAG 15 is an AC15 type amp, I love what my Tim brings to the amp. You might also consider a compressor. My Diamond comp is one of the most perfect tone shapers I can think of. It can really help you get some extra sparkle out of that amp. Delay wise I would add a Strymon El Cap, it really is that much different than the tape tones on the Timeline. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with more delay (can't believe I'm saying that).

4. teleclem

teleclem Member

A Hotcake maybe?

5. jkokura

jkokura Member

Tremolo. You have the basics, time for a change.

Wait, you use the amp trem. Hmm... compression? Maybe a phaser? Or perhaps something outside the box like an Octave pedal of some kind?

Jacob