• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Next step up from a Fender Deluxe Reverb in a head form?

trower

[geer/peyj] hubris confusion paralysis by analysis
Gold Supporting Member
So I'm thinking about an amp that would give me Deluxe cleanness in a head form but a bit more head headroom/thickness. I don't need on board Reverb but a Blackface/Deluxe clean platform. These deluxe's are ground zero for cleanness so I'm leaning toward another Fender. I know there are probibly threads galore, just need your recommendations here please.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
The Bandmaster is a great sounding amp but a bit more than one step up from a Deluxe. The Tremolux is tube rectified and operates at the same voltages as a Deluxe.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Do you need or want reverb?

Most Fender heads don't have reverb. If you need reverb the bandmaster reverb is a couple of steps up from a Deluxe reverb, only comes in SF though....

trower

Gold Supporting Member
Do you need or want reverb?

Most Fender heads don't have reverb. If you need reverb the bandmaster reverb is a couple of steps up from a Deluxe reverb, only comes in SF though....

Naw, Reverb is optional. I'd actually rather add my own Verb via a pedal. Those Fargens are looking pretty sweet!

I know the OP is looking for a head, but a Vibrolux combo is hard to beat.......

However, I think Fender really found the magic in the 30-45 watt range. Tremolux, Bandmaster, Bassman, Super, Vibrolux - they all sound exceptional. All slightly different, but not a bad one in the bunch.

trower

Gold Supporting Member
I know the OP is looking for a head, but a Vibrolux combo is hard to beat.......

However, I think Fender really found the magic in the 30-45 watt range. Tremolux, Bandmaster, Bassman, Super, Vibrolux - they all sound exceptional. All slightly different, but not a bad one in the bunch.
And that is my dilemma :p Ideally I would have a room full of the baby's lined up, My favorite 2x12 cab, My Drummer/Bassist at the ready to tear through "Born Under a Bad Sign" or "Little bit of Sympathy" at a nice club volume! Then I would know :p

djy8131

I wanted the same thing ( I have a vintage 65 dr). I ended up with a Carr rambler and couldn't be happier.

GulfportBound

Try hunting down a Twin Reverb II head. I played through one at a club jam a year ago---an unusual jam, it was at a used instrument shop where you could pick instruments off the wall and plug into the amps on display/sale, and I plugged my Les Paul into a Twin Reverb II head. Absolutely incredible head. Had I not found the Twin Reverb combo I now own, I would have bought that head and tied it to a BandMaster 2x12 cabinet I acquired at about the same time . . .

trower

Gold Supporting Member
I wanted the same thing ( I have a vintage 65 dr). I ended up with a Carr rambler and couldn't be happier.
Too bad it doesn't come in a head but it sounds great, I would not be sure I would dig being limited to that 1x12/openback cab dispersion...I'm really attached to my homemade 2x12.

And that is my dilemma :p Ideally I would have a room full of the baby's lined up, My favorite 2x12 cab, My Drummer/Bassist at the ready to tear through "Born Under a Bad Sign" or "Little bit of Sympathy" at a nice club volume! Then I would know :p
In that case, it all boils down to what you can find. Locally (on CL), I see Bassman heads appear most frequently, so that might be a good starting point.

trower

Gold Supporting Member
In that case, it all boils down to what you can find. Locally (on CL), I see Bassman heads appear most frequently, so that might be a good starting point.
Agree, I believe their a store up Frisco way with a ton of old amps too...I do see a few bassman's

Trending Topics