• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NG(Sun)D, Warning: St. Vincent content!

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
Picked this up on Sunday, and WOW. I think this is my new favorite guitar. My local GC had the blue and black, as well as the GC/Musician's Friend exclusive sunburst. I tried them all and ended up with the sunburst because it balanced a little better than the blue one they had. Never liked gold hardware before but it's growing on me. The rosewood neck is awesome and so comfortable, and the minihums and switching are amazingly versatile. I took it straight to a long band practice Sunday and didn't play my other guitars at all. Everything from AC/DC to funk, post-punk, some pop, it handled everything.

There were several other people in the store trying these out as well, and a bunch of the sales guys stopped by while I was playing it to comment on how much they like these. I think EBMM might have a hit on their hands, and it's nice to see something on the market that isn't just a retread of an existing model.

Pics time!
https://imgur.com/YOy7aOT

Family portrait:
https://imgur.com/TlgGWaT

g-mane

I've not been a fan of that headstock, but I like it much better on the sunburst model.
Enjoy!

Simto

That guitar is rad as ****! I like the blue colour better but it looks really sick in Sunburst too

SciFlyer

Silver Supporting Member
Badass.
I had not seen the sunburst. It's a really interesting design, but somehow seems classic like a Flying V or Explorer.

Jett

Gold Supporting Member
I am a big fan of EB guitars, that is super nice. Congrats......

burntumbers

I was watching demos of this guitar last night.

This is the first time I've seen it with gold hardware and sunburst, makes me think "George Jetson Firebird"

the pickup switching is neat, though you can't get bridge&middle or neck&middle

I think it has the same neck as the Albert Lee model

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Well, as long as YOU like it.... Ha! It looks kind of cool, and it's definitely the guitar George Jetson would have played. I think that St. Vincent is very nice looking, FWIW. Nothing, I guess. Enjoy your new guitar. Good luck hitting the last note in the Don't Stop Believin' solo. You could always just hit the 5th fret harmonic, I guess.

Trending Topics