NGB: Gustavsson Bluesmaster Limited w/P90's

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats and that mix of specifications make this a different JG Bluesmaster. Certainly looks impressive!

Recall when the Chambered Gibson historic 'Cloud 9' guitars in 2004/5, (later to be called CR Models) I thought them an attractive variation to the solid historic reissues and owned two over a period of time pending going for Johan's models.

Shane S

Congratulations @NorthernAxposure on your new BM Limited! It could not be going to a nicer guy. I agree with the chambered BM with P-90 is one of Johan's best sounding guitars. My gold top chambered P-90 BM is fantastic. I can only imagine how great your new guitar is going to sound.

Also, It was a pleasure meeting you on Wednesday!

Someday we will have to have a get together in Portland with your new BM ltd and your other JG guitars. In the meantime enjoy your new guitar once it arrives.

All the best,

Shane

NorthernAxposure

Gold Supporting Member
Congratulations @NorthernAxposure on your new BM Limited! It could not be going to a nicer guy. I agree with the chambered BM with P-90 is one of Johan's best sounding guitars. My gold top chambered P-90 BM is fantastic. I can only imagine how great your new guitar is going to sound.

Also, It was a pleasure meeting you on Wednesday!

Someday we will have to have a get together in Portland with your new BM ltd and your other JG guitars. In the meantime enjoy your new guitar once it arrives.

All the best,

Shane
Likewise and I appreciate your wisdom in weaving my way through the build process. I will definitely get down to Portland someday. Enjoy that new tele and excited to see your upcoming JG build as well!

jmelm

Gold Supporting Member
That's a great story! I thought about creating a YouTube channel titled "great gear played poorly," so I can relate. The benefit of larger guitar makers is that you can go to a physical store, play 10 similar guitars and pick the one that works best for you. I suppose what I've appreciated about the Gustavssons I've owned/played is that all are very good and some are extraordinary. So when buying a guitar from across the country/world without playing first, I like my chances at getting a guitar that I'll really like.

The idea of starting a YouTube channel called “Great gear being played poorly” might just be the best idea I’ve heard since Quantum Electrodynamics. I would definitely subscribe to that and also be willing to perform some of the demos, particularly if you had an sub-series of episodes entitled “Exceptionally Poor Gear Demos by Jmelm”.

I think you’re sitting on a gold mine here with this one.