NGD - 1966 Fender Jaguar!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by delron22, Feb 21, 2012.

1. delron22

delron22 Member

Just arrived this morning and I'm very happy. She's all original and very clean.

Great neck and very good sustain and tone - Just slapped on a set of new strings and gave her a once over and removed the mute - two of the intonation screw heads have been nuked so cant set the intonation perfectly but I'm going to put a Mastery bridge on her anyway so no issue.

Hope you like:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. jerrycampbell

jerrycampbell Silver Supporting Member

Black with tortoise guard- beautiful! Jaguars and Jazzmasters are two of the only guitars that look awesome in black to my eyes. That thing is stunning.

3. Auriemma

Auriemma Member

Very nice... Congrats!

4. vibrasonic

vibrasonic Member

Nice in black. Congrats

5. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

That's BEAUTIFUL. I'm still searching for my first 60's Jazzmaster,but I now think I'd snag one like yours if the right deal confronted me.Congrats.

6. prsflame

prsflame Member

Jealous! That Jag is beautiful! I have been on the lookout for a 60's Jag myself, and I love the black/tortoise guard combo. Play and enjoy!:beer

7. GreenKnight18

GreenKnight18 Member

Nice!
    I have the Jazzmaster version...
    [​IMG]

8. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Member

Binding and blocks!

9. delron22

delron22 Member

Awesome JM! - thanks for the comments all. This is my first foray into the Jag/JM world - seems most people prefer the JM's - are they better to play? My band is playing a lot of Classic punky stuff now so wanted this for the Buzzcocks/Clash/MC5 numbers etc.

Always wanted a vintage Fender too and a '62 Strat is and always will be out of reach for me....Sniff, Sniff!

10. josuwa

josuwa Member

Nice. Awesome guitars.

11. GreenKnight18

GreenKnight18 Member

The only person that can really find out if Jazzmasters are better to play than Jaguars is YOU. Personally, I prefer the Jaguar. Inevitably the Jaguar's shorter scale length will come up, but that has not been a problem for me at all. Jaguars and Jazzmasters really do sound quite different but both sound awesome.

The nice thing about Buzzcocks/Clash/MC5 and that 'sound' is that it's really more about attitude than gear. Don't let anybody else tell you that you need guitar x or amp y. Just play that sweet Jag! :)

also: Strats are great and all... but it's fun to have something that's a little different.