Ngd - 1995 Ibanez Ps-10 Ltd!

delron22

I have owned a 1994 IC500 from new and absolutely love that guitar. I've been wanting a PS-10 ever since and finally did it!

The guitar arrived covered in dust, but once cleaned turned out to be in superb condition with barely any wear to the frets at all - there is not a hint of any buckle rash not even the faintest mark - I don't think this guitar has ever been on a strap let alone gigged!

I'm waiting for a new pickup for the bridge to be delivered in the next day or so before I put some new strings on try her out post cleanup - and will post again with the results - can't wait to crank her through my BE100!

The only issue is that someone has tried to adjust the bridge height without loosening the locking bolt and have sheared off the flat head - see pic - so if anyone can let me know where in the world I can get one of these bridge posts I would be very grateful.

IMAG2885_zpsd6m6zm9b.jpg

IMAG2886_zpsj3vletgy.jpg

Last edited:

Neon Trotsky

Sweet axe! So refreshing to see a NGD post on TGP that isn't a Fender, Gibson, or PRS. Not that I don't love old-man-guitars too.

Neon Trotsky

Love the classic Guitars too had six Strats at one time! - not so much of a PRS fan though.

I've got three myself. One Gibson (335). My next axe is gonna be a more detuned-metal/heavy rock flare though. I'd love to get my hands on a EBMM JP or an Ibanez Jake Bowen signature. EVH Stealth Wolfgang and Jackson HT-6/7 are in the running as well.

Jignant

Nice guitar! Always been a fan of the original PS-10s and the Iceman shape in general. I also had and stupidly sold a 94 IC500 many years ago. I found a mint example last July and pulled the trigger for nostalgia sake...
I have seen the entire bridge assembly for the PS10 for sale on the Bay. Not sure about the studs alone, and in gold.

Enjoy the hell out of that guitar!!!

Jignant

The black metal flake with gold hardware and mirrors really sets the limited apart. I'm pretty sure that there are binding issues with some of the original PS10s either yellowing or cracking...

Hopefully the 90s reissues wont suffer from that...

delron22

The black metal flake with gold hardware and mirrors really sets the limited apart. I'm pretty sure that there are binding issues with some of the original PS10s either yellowing or cracking...

Hopefully the 90s reissues wont suffer from that...
The binding has yellowed - but I think that looks great, its gone a beautiful antique Ivory. The integrity of the binding is perfect with no cracking or shrinking.

67blackcherry

Question for the owners - what do these guitars sound like?
I passed on a PS10 LTD (didn't want to spend $1600+) but I'm extremely curious now...are they somewhere in between an SG and a Les Paul?

delron22

They sound fantastic - They are mahogany with a maple cap so more Les Paul tone and sustain than SG I would say - the craftsmanship and quality of these PS-10 LTD's is stellar too - Considering the crazy cost of Gibson guitars these days I think they are great value.

IMAG2900_zpsuiawxlcl.jpg

67blackcherry

That one I bid on sold for $2077.00, is that about right?
I think I definitely want the PS10 LTD, that binding and the inlays look stellar!

delron22

That one I bid on sold for $2077.00, is that about right?
I think I definitely want the PS10 LTD, that binding and the inlays look stellar!

Yes for sure - the 1995 LTD is widely regarded as the best PS-10 ever built, better than the '78 and '79 - good luck in your search - you wont regret it.

That sounds like a pretty good price - I've seen them go for quite a bit more than that :)

67blackcherry

How's that neck profile?
I'm sure they're nowhere near as chunky as the Historics I'm playing but do they have some decent heft & girth?

I picked up a later BC Rich Bich (Custim Shop) and while the fit & finish is crazy good, that thin neck drives me nuts, to the point where she rarely gets played; I don't want to drop that sort of $$$ on a PS10 LTD and have the same issue.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom