NGD-1st Strat

My first guitar was a Les Paul. Every guitar since has been either a Gibson-ish guitar (LP Copies, Explorer, Firebird, etc.), or a "Shredder" (Hamer, Roscoe, Ibanez, Jackson, Charvel).

I've never been a Tele or Strat guy, though I love my Jazz & P-Basses.

Well, after 25+ years of noodling on guitars, I finally have a Strat. It's a 2014 MIM that a friend won in an internet give away. It's in Lake Placid Blue, my favorite Strat color, and it actually plays very, very nicely.

TheClev

As seen on TV
Fender is making some decent instruments at every price point these days, but the MIMs were always the best budget models...and more than good enough for gigging. Congrats on joining the Strat club!

Sam Karnatz

+1 on the Gibson thing. First Strat was an E-series MIJ. I put some Van Zandts in it and fell in love the sound. So then, I bought a HWY 1 Tele, put a Hipsnot B-bender with D-drop and G-string palm lever on it.....Good times!

Just bought a 2nd Strat (Mexi) on the cheap as sort of a 'test mule' to mod up.

Still have and play my Gibbies, but now there's a place in my heart for that 'twang', too.

kev

Please tell me you've tuned that to dropped D or C and played some King's X on it... if not, you need to now...go on!

Congratulations!

Thanks! I've got about $100 in this one...traded an amp I wasn't using for it ( head & cab were $200...kept the head; traded cab straight for guitar).

I'm surprised at how well I like it. Very surprised. ..

Groovy dude, I've always been more of a super strat shred guitar guy too, but have been jonesing for a hss strat. Enjoy those sparkly cleans and gilmore'esque leads.

Last edited:

Stratburst70

HNGD!

I was a Gibson guy from 1998 to 2005. That's when I snagged a sweet used Am Dlx with Kinman pickups and immediately put it to work in a house band gig I snagged. My Epiphone Dot was too fat sounding for the gig; I needed a more wiry sound to cut through a crowded mix. That Strat was perfect for the gig, and quickly became my #1. Four Strats later ...

Trending Topics