NGD! 2006 Gibson Les Paul Junior DC TV Model!

How cool is this guitar?

• Total voters

TheEightSixty

Silver Supporting Member
I was at my local Sam Ash last night and found this beautiful 2006 Gibson Les Paul Junior DC TV Model. One P-90, one volume, and one tone! A punk rockers dream guitar! The grain of the wood through the TV Yellow finish is awesome looking as well, and it has some natural road wear on the back of neck. Very comfortable to play and acoustically resonant. Tuners have been upgraded to period correct strip style tuners too.

I tried to find some information on this model, but I’ve come up empty so far. I was told at Sam Ash that these models are a very rare find. Which due to the lack of any information on the web, i think they might be right.

If anyone has any info on this model please feel free to share! I’d love to have some more details about it.

On to the pictures!
View media item 196089View media item 196090View media item 196091View media item 196092View media item 196093View media item 196094View media item 196095View media item 196096View media item 196097View media item 196098View media item 196099View media item 196100View media item 196101View media item 196084

Alton

Extreme cool! I have the same year, same pickups, tv yellow DC Special with the tun-o-matic. It's a rocker! Finish will continue to wear as you play it. Maximum snarl and bite is obtained by adjusting your P90 as close to the strings as is practical. Pickup body may not reach that high so adjust your pickup poles. String type and gauge also play a somewhat larger role on the tone so try other brands/materials and gauges to get your tone and play-ability to where you want it.

It really is BIG fun to play! Enjoy!

Johnnytone

Silver Supporting Member
In Connecticut? Saw that same guitar last week. Manager was cool and couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was. But it sure was nice.

bobgoblin

Silver Supporting Member
If you have access to a 3d printer, or know someone who does, find the specs for the riser (goes under the pickup) online & have a few printed up in different thicknesses. A buddy of mine made me 6 or 7 of them so I could experiment & find the right height I wanted mine at. Easy peasy & rather cheap!

Edit: KILLER GUITAR!!

Laservampire

Oh wow, I’ve never seen that model from 2006 before that wasn’t a custom shop one. I had one of the kinda TV yellow Specials from the same year and it was a terrible guitar haha.

blues

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a white colored one with the same paint ware. It's posssible that ware is not natural. I don't
remeber if the tuners covered part of the serial number.

OP,To find out as much as you can try The Les Paul Forum. They will figure it out

Love Juniors

TheEightSixty

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a white colored one with the same paint ware. It's posssible that ware is not natural. I don't
remeber if the tuners covered part of the serial number.

OP,To find out as much as you can try The Les Paul Forum. They will figure it out

Love Juniors
The tuners and single ply truss cover were added to make it more period accurate. As for the wear, it looks all natural to me. Doesn't look or feel relic'd. Also the case is beat to heck too, so whoever owned it loved it and gigged it a lot I think.

Last edited:

TheEightSixty

Silver Supporting Member
So I have been continuing to research this guitar and have found absolutely nothing in regards to a production line model of a Gibson DC Junior TV Model. I have yet to find another 2006, or any other late 90' thru mid 2000'S, Gibson TV Model Double Cut like this one if it is a USA Production Model. The finish lends itself to heritage or CS style DC Juniors, but I just can't find anything close to this guitar made on the production like in 2006. Maybe some sort of limited edition or made for a specific market perhaps? Either way, it sounds and plays amazing and is certainly showing itself to be a rare bird. I don't care what it's worth, just interested in its history! Nothing like a cool guitar story to tell! For what it's worth, here is a pic of the inside of the control cavity. Some thought it might be a refin, but that looks to not be the case. Controls are complete with orange drop.
View media item 196953

Trending Topics