• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: 2008 Les Paul Standard Faded

Chuckracer

Gold Supporting Member
Grabbed this to scratch my Les Paul itch as I couldn't afford an R9 so I figured this would be fun. Holy ****! This thing sounds and plays terrific! There really is something to that whole Faded, no grain filler finish thing...maybe Larry Corsa was right! It arrived ready to gig from Wildwood, whom I will DEFINITELY be doing business with again. I'm very much digging this guitar! I've owned an R7 and two R8's as well as a whole slew of Knaggs, Tom Anderson, PRS, Huber, Fender and Suhr guitars, and still own my Suhr Custom Classic but this guitar would go toe to toe with any of them and slay a few of them. Check one out if you get a chance! Big Les Paul tones for small money!

Last edited:

Chuckracer

Gold Supporting Member
Playing this unplugged it reminds me a hell of a lot of my Nick Huber Krautster II which had the same finish treatment. It's loud and punchy and that comes through plugged in as well. My Suhr seems to always want the Koko boost on and sounds fairly dull without it in humbucker mode. This likes it off or on, doesn't care. I'm really impressed! No wonder these are sort of cult classics!

Last edited:

BigDoug1053

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! I hope you bond with it and make lots of sweet music on it. I got an '05 LP Special Faded DC from Wildwood. Great guitar, great shop.

Chuckracer

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, I remember playing a couple of them at guitar stores 10 - 15 years ago and being impressed but never bought one. I read all the stuff online and thought, yeah, internet. I just wanted to scratch my LP itch without spending a ton of money. Job done!

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
My one and only Les Paul is a 2014 Traditional and it's killer too. I've recently started to play it much more than my Strats for some reason. Forgot to mention, yours looks really nice.

Beautiful guitar! Congrats

And yeah Wildwood is the best of the best. When it comes to guitars they're the only store I'm interested in doing business with.

jasons7

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! I have an 05 Standard Faded myself. It's been extensively modded with Faber bridge and tailpiece, Tim Shaw humbuckers, 60's Gibson tuners, wiring etc. It also shows some genuine wear which is pretty cool.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
congrats on your new LP - it looks great. I did the same thing, got a 2016 LP Studio Faded (the year after the robo-tuner debacle). Mind is faded cherry, great med-big neck, frets came pleked, and I put a Jim Wagner American Steel set in it. And Yes, it's a "competitive" Les Paul in every way.

Robotechnology

Gold Supporting Member
Nice! I regret selling mine 6 or 7 years back. It was really good. It went to a new owner in Europe but, what can you do... 4 LP’s is enough!

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
Faded's are tough, great guitars and nice grab. Looks like a rocker.

Enjoy in good health!

Chuckracer

Gold Supporting Member
It's a rock and roll machine! This is hard to explain (even to myself) but for some reason when I'm playing my Suhr I seem to spend most of my time whizzing around the neck playing blues licks and stuff but when I strap on this Lester, Songs come out of it. Mostly mine, but other people's also. Heard myself playing the main riff from Winger's "Down In Cabo" a little while ago...I didn't know I knew that song! Heck, I wasn't even sure what it was until I stopped and hummed a few bars! Now I gotta learn the rest of it.
Yeah...this thing works for me!

Urobouros

Double Platinum Member
The faded lines have been hit or miss for me but the hits were all homeruns. That's a killer top! Congrats!!

Trending Topics