NGD! 2011 FGN Expert FL Goldtop

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wfolse1, Feb 16, 2015.

1. wfolse1

wfolse1 Member

Wanted to take a second to show off my new guitar. I'm generally a single-coil/long scale length kind of guy, so this guitar is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I got a deal I liked and the guitar was local. I tried it out, loved it, and am excited to finally have a good lp-style guitar.

It's an FGN, which is the relatively new house brand of the Fujigen manufacturing company. I probably don't need to tell you guys about Fujigen... Some of my favorite details are the flame maple binding on the neck as well as the thick (5/8") maple cap on top. The inlay work is fancier than I generally like, but it's extremely nice as well. The neck has a matte finish on the playing area that looks a little funky but feels amazing. Also, the This particular guitar has had seymour duncan pearly gates pickups dropped in and I'm really liking them as well. Enough talk, here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. TomDev

TomDev Member

Nice one! I recently got an FGN Iliad (tele style with HS pickups) directly from Japan. Excellent fretwork in particular.

3. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

I love Gold Top guitars. Congrats!

4. wfolse1

wfolse1 Member

Thanks guys! I bet the Iliad is great. I've already got my eyes on an Odyssey.

5. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Is the matte finish on the neck stock? Maybe someone just used steel wool on it.

6. wfolse1

wfolse1 Member

No, it's stock. It stops and starts in very clean, straight lines. It's also listed as a feature on the FGN guitars website.