NGD: 2015 Fender Road Worn 60's Stratocaster

Dannyz

Got my second Road Worn this past weekend. The guitar was bought in mint condition (well reliced but not used/played) with all the tags, gig bang and such.

The feel of these RW is astonishing. That raw wood feel makes you play better, almost effortless. Had a great time playing my 50s RW Strat last year. This one gives me another flavor with the rosewood fretboard and C shaped neck.

I hate to say but having played (and owned) a few American Vintage Reissues, American Original, i like these guitars more. No sticky feel, no complaint about scratches, chips and dings.

Still debating if it needs a pickup "upgrade" since the TexMex pickups sound great in every situation. Clean, crunch, dirty, they deliver. Not too bright, not too dark either. Just a fine sounding Strat with superb look and feel.

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Platinum Supporting Member
Got my second Road Worn this past weekend. The guitar was bought in mint condition (well reliced but not used/played) with all the tags, gig bang and such.

The feel of these RW is astonishing. That raw wood feel makes you play better, almost effortless. Had a great time playing my 50s RW Strat last year. This one gives me another flavor with the rosewood fretboard and C shaped neck.

I hate to say but having played (and owned) a few American Vintage Reissues, American Original, i like these guitars more. No sticky feel, no complaint about scratches, chips and dings.

Still debating if it needs a pickup "upgrade" since the TexMex pickups sound great in every situation. Clean, crunch, dirty, they deliver. Not too bright, not too dark either. Just a fine sounding Strat with superb look and feel.

make a note of this post. if u decide u dont want it, message me.

i went into my local 2 weekends ago to demo some amps. i typically use a tele or an HH guitar to demo as thats what i play the most. half way through demoing, i saw someone set this exact white road worn model down, it. called to me to try the aged neck.

oh man i loved it! put it down after 30 min, went home. thought about how much i usually dont like strats... and how much i liked THAT one.... went back next day to buy the damn thing ... “dude we sold that an hour after you were in yesterday....”

ugh...

VJF

I have the same guitar but 2014. My TexMex bridge pickup stopped working in year one so I replaced them all with Pure Vintage '65s and they sound great. Only issue I've had are sharp fret edges in winter. Enjoy!

29er

Silver Supporting Member
Those RW guitars are cool. I had a 50's RW Tele but stupidly let it go. I don't like shiny, perfect guitars and these just feel natural even though it's an artificial process to get them there. Maybe I need to find one for myself!

Trending Topics