NGD- 2015 Les Paul Deluxe

I did some swapping today and wound up with a 2015 Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop. Dang thing looks brand new. It's the one with the 15DB boost switch, and also (unfortunately) Robot tuners. I didn't know much about it going in but as far as fit and finish I'm excited. It has a big chunky neck, and weighs a ton. :)

Pics to follow when I can (I'm currently 300 miles away from home in Dallas for a cardiologist appointment).

krimson

I've got a couple of 2015 models the Jr and the Less +. Personally, I like them both. The wider neck doesn't bug me, since I play so many different guitars. I actually like the Robo Tuners and I could car less about the Les Paul 100 logo or the hologram on the back.

ArthurS

Nice! I have one just like it. It has the best fit and finish of any regular production Gibson USA I have owned. They tried to move further upmarket with the 2015 models and it really shows. Some of the despised 2015 features such as the HSC, excellent titanium adjustable nut, titanium bridge saddles and hex adjustment for the TOM truly are actually really nice.
I replaced the G-Force tuners with Hipshots but after 6 months or so changed back again. Go figure. The G-Force (once calibrated) works pretty well and I figured it would be useful to have one guitar in the collection that automatically tunes and allows easy access to different tunings.
The pickups sound nicely balanced but they are somewhat dark and lack a little character imho. Haven’t really been able to justify replacing them, though.
Enjoy the NGD!

Excellent and congrats! How does it sound?
Sounds pretty good. I need to adjust the bridge pickup, as it is down pretty low. I'm assuming it's similar to a P90 adjustment but it appears to run out of travel before the screws are too loose. Do I need longer screws and thicker foam underneath?

bob-i

Cool...I had a 68 Deluxe just like that except is was sunburst. There’s a sweetness to those mini buckers that no other PU can duplicate. It was stolen in 1977 and to this day I miss that guitar.

Trending Topics