• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: 2019 Les Paul Standard Seafoam Green (for reals)

jruano

Well, I took my daughter to a birthday this Saturday and decided to stop by a nearby GC while I waited. Ended walking out the door with one of these seafoam 2019 Standards.

Absolutely not my style when it comes to looks and myriad of features and such, but just loved, loved, loved that neck and the overall feel and sound of the guitar, including the split tones.

Also a really weird finish for a LP I always thought but in person and removing my "purist" glasses it really does look cool. Much more figured top than most of the recent originals too. It's been a long time since I've had a Gibson USA guitar and have read all the horror stories as far as quality. I wouldn't agree based on this one, this is a beautiful and flawlessly finished instrument.

So, it's going to sit proudly by my R8 and R9 like that surfer cousin who came home to visit, and I'm happy with the purchase. I actually liked it quite a bit better than a couple of Moderns they had, go figure... who would have thought...

Last edited:
Well, I took my daughter to a birthday this Saturday and decided to stop by a nearby GC while I waited. Ended walking out the door with one of these seafoam 2019 Standards. Who would have thought...

Absolutely not my style when it comes to looks and myriad of features and such, but just loved, loved, loved that neck and the overall feel and sound of the guitar, including the split tones.

Also a really weird finish for a LP I always thought but in person and removing my "purist" glasses it really does look cool. Much better top than most of the recent originals too. It's been a long time since I've had a Gibson USA guitar and have read all the horror stories as far as quality, but this is a beautiful and flawlessly finished instrument.

So, it's going to sit proudly by my R8 and R9 like that surfer cousin who came home to visit, and I'm happy with the purchase. I actually liked it quite a bit better than a couple of Moderns they had, go figure. Again... who would have thought...
Pics?

Was it one of those translucent you're of seafoam green finishes, or solid paint?

I'll be honest I'm a sucker for most things seafoam green.

C-4

Congratulations on finding a LP you liked!
I've seen pictures of one of these, and I totally understand the motivation. A couple of weeks ago I bought a Purple Fadedburst Custom Pro LP with the split pickup options, and I as you, love the neck, and tones the guitar is giving me.

I hope you truly enjoy your new LP. :)
Stephen

jruano

Pics?
I'll be honest I'm a sucker for most things seafoam green.
You and me both, I have a strat and a tele. Didn't quite compute for me on a LP, but turns out it works, if you are able to get past what a LP is supposed to look like. I have a hard time doing that most of the time, I'll admit.

You and me both, I have a strat and a tele. Didn't quite compute for me on a LP, but turns out it works, if you are able to get past what a LP is supposed to look like. I have a hard time doing that most of the time, I'll admit.
I had the opportunity to buy a 2016 ES-345 64' Reissue in Seafoam Green, and I slept a little too long and missed it. I'm kicking myself for that... to me that one was the epitome of a perfect seafoam green guitar. The cream binding with the Seafoam paintjob is just perfection to me. Very soothing look.

I mean just look at this thing....

jruano

I had the opportunity to buy a 2016 ES-345 64' Reissue in Seafoam Green, and I slept a little too long and missed it. I'm kicking myself for that... to me that one was the epitome of a perfect seafoam green guitar. The cream binding with the Seafoam paintjob is just perfection to me. Very soothing look.

I mean just look at this thing....

Almost sonic blue on my screen. Which I also dig.

Trending Topics