NGD - 2022 Gibson ES-335

circumstances

With the Alex Lifeson auction coming up next week, I had an overwhelming urge to scratch the ES-335 itch that I've probably had since I first saw him with "Whitey" (which is, of course, an ES-355) way back in 1978.

2022 Gibson ES-335. Looking forward to playing it quite a bit this weekend.
20220511_105412_resized.jpg

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats.

There's something about 335s that you just can't get from other guitars. I bought my first 335 a few years back (I think in 2017?) and have had one ever since.

I used to think that you could get by with a good Sheraton or a nice MIJ 335-ish guitar, but.... I don't know. There's always that *little something* that's missing or different. I mean, I could get by and be totally content with them if I were in a place where it wouldn't be financially feasible or appropriate to own a 335. But if you can afford it, nothing is really going to fully do what the 335 does.

IMHO & IME, obviously.

Enjoy that bad mamma jamma!

circumstances

Congrats.

There's something about 335s that you just can't get from other guitars. I bought my first 335 a few years back (I think in 2017?) and have had one ever since.

I used to think that you could get by with a good Sheraton or a nice MIJ 335-ish guitar, but.... I don't know. There's always that *little something* that's missing or different. I mean, I could get by and be totally content with them if I were in a place where it wouldn't be financially feasible or appropriate to own a 335. But if you can afford it, nothing is really going to fully do what the 335 does.

IMHO & IME, obviously.

Enjoy that bad mamma jamma!
thank you!

Revelation

I bought my 2021 Gibson 335 60's Cherry last year and i have not stopped playing it since. All my other guitars are jealous. The 335 is my favorite guitar that I own. I will say that the quality control with Gibsons seems to be on the right track. The binding on mine and craftmanship is excellent.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom