NGD - 2022 Gibson ES-335

Let’s meet up in Phoenix and play some rawk!
Silver Supporting Member
i don't think i've ever seen that before.

the dark ones near the dark edge and the lighter ones on the inside.

Now that I think of it, it came with the gold reflectors. I had bought a quad of black reflectors with the goal of trying them out. Which I did. Then I noticed the darkness on the edge might go better with the black and the inside better with the gold so I tried that. I just haven’t seen fit to change it from the combo yet. But maybe I will someday. I sort of like it.

budg

Silver Supporting Member
I can’t remember if it came with gold or black reflectors. Today it has both…

View attachment 598099
That’s a cool look. I like how we personalize them. I have a natural one and put black knobs with gold inserts . Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I think it looks cool.
919BCA29-BFBB-470A-9704-E164A36D5555.jpeg

mjross

Silver Supporting Member
Very nice guitar, congrats! As many have already stated, nothing like a 335, nothing. Here’s a few of mine that I really dig. If you don’t have one, get one, you will not regret it!

Figured Turquoise, 70’s Walnut, Hand Select “63”

1652648773306.jpeg

Here’s another one of my 63’s flanked by my “98” RS GuitarWorks 57 Gold Top to 59 Conversion and my Wine Red Signature “T”.

1652649191407.jpeg

Here’s another great Figured Faded!

1652652249238.jpeg

I‘m going to put this in the mix as it’s pretty much a fancy 335 to me.

355 Natural

1652652431347.jpeg

Last edited:

circumstances

Very nice guitar, congrats! As many have already stated, nothing like a 335, nothing. Here’s a few of mine that I really dig. If you don’t have one, get one, you will not regret it!

Figured Turquoise, 70’s Walnut, Hand Select “63”

View attachment 598692

Here’s another one of my 63’s flanked by my “98” RS GuitarWorks 57 Gold Top 59 Conversion and my Wine Red Signature “T”.

View attachment 598705
Thank you!

Beautiful collection!

mjross

Silver Supporting Member
I just plugged it into one of my amps for the first time and 3 hours went by!

It sounds so much better than I had imagined.

Can't wait to take it to jam night this week.
Told ya! They have a sound all their own. Very addicting guitar, glad you are diggin it, it gets better. Check this out!

Maven

Silver Supporting Member
i first heard them in 1978. my mom didn't let me go to concerts until i turned 16, so i missed the tour of the hemispheres and permanent waves. my first rush concert was moving pictures/exit stage left on december 9th, 1981 at the Omni in Atlanta.
First time I saw them was at that show! I was 12 (went by myself). I rode the Marta train down there.
To this day, one of my all time favorite concert experiences!

circumstances

First time I saw them was at that show! I was 12 (went by myself). I rode the Marta train down there.
To this day, one of my all time favorite concert experiences!
That's awesome!

What a show that was.

We slept out for tickets.

I think at a Turtles Records.

Last edited:

CoachD

Satin Vintage Burst, yes, sir.
I've had a satin ES335 in natural or vintage sunburst on my wishlist for a while. I would also consider Alex L my #1 ES335 influence.

Your guitar looks great. IMO it seems like the neck binding on the satin version is thinner (like it should be) than some other models.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom