• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD 594

Alse1829

2020 PRS 594. I picked this one up a week ago at a semi-local shop. Very comfortable neck profile starting at .89 on the 1st and .98 on the 12th. I still prefer raw or satin finishes, but this one hasn’t been too sticky.

This TCI pickups sound very clear and punchy. That along with the scale length create some wonderful tones. The split coils are really nice too, no loss of volume when engaged!

I can see why some people praise PRS, with a quick setup to my preferences it plays just effortlessly. I think I got a little lucky with this one as it’s just a standard core model (no 10 top) at about 7.5lbs, nitro finish, new pickups and has the phase III locking tuners rather than the new vintage style ones.

Unintended purple match:

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
They are really great guitars.
I've had two, mine both had rosewood necks, and they're just beautiful instruments.

BoogieManSC

Silver Supporting Member
Gorgeous guitar and congrats! 594's are some of the most glorious playing and sounding guitars out there. I actually like it better than the LP's I have. It stays in tune like a mutha too... Imagine that

Alse1829

NICE!! Love that finish.

Important question: Do you get the PRS hype?
Oh yeah, the hype of a 30+ year old company ;)

But this guitar has become my go to for Humbuckers. It plays effortlessly and sounds phenomenal. I don’t feel the need to change anything about this guitar.

In fact, this one has impressed me so much that I am looking into getting another PRS. The semi hollow special is looking real nice!

Trending Topics